• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The Philander one doesn't even look like ball tampering. He's holding it in one hand,,,

I can't even see the zip on the Du Plessis one either so I don't really get it.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Five runs really is a pathetic penalty for something that causes so much outrage. Don't know which, but either the playing conditions are way too soft, or way too much fuss is made of ball tampering.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Five runs really is a pathetic penalty for something that causes so much outrage. Don't know which, but either the playing conditions are way too soft, or way too much fuss is made of ball tampering.
Disagree. The 5 runs is an initial penalty. Full 'proof' comes with time and then the bans/fines/whatever are handed out.

Xuhaib

International Coach
The Philander one doesn't even look like ball tampering. He's holding it in one hand,,,

I can't even see the zip on the Du Plessis one either so I don't really get it.
Faf one looked really bad imo was clearly bringing the zipper in to play.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, they're both pretty clearly tampering. No one ever holds the ball with their index finger digging into it without meaning to scratch it, it's just not a natural thing to do. As for faf, the zipper can clearly be seen on the bottom of the pocket. Besides, he's not just using the zipper head thingy to scratch the ball, he's using the zipped line.

Last edited:

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
50% match fees taken from faf from trying to tamper with the shiny side of the ball that would have produces no swing at all?

This is a pretty funny situation lol

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
50% match fees taken from faf from trying to tamper with the shiny side of the ball that would have produces no swing at all?

This is a pretty funny situation lol
I don't know... Steyn got the "tampered" ball to reverse quite a bit but after it was replaced he hardly got any at all

smash84

The Tiger King
get over it dude, your team was caught cheating :p

If it is any consolation I think they still would have crushed Pakistan anyway :p

Stapel

International Regular
I couldn't see a zipper reither. My cricket pants don't have no zipper. And most certainly not on the pockets..... To me, it really sounds like a bucket full of crap...... A zipper on the side pocket of cricket throusers?

haha cheating like copying the wrong answers from someone?
Made me smile.... As a teacher I see quite some tests with exactly identical, yet completely ridiculous answers.....