• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Elgar beaten all ends up first ball. He's so dire.

Then again I said the same thing about Tahir when he bowled a long hop in his first over. Elgar to ton up

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I found Irfan's dismissal off Tahir very funny. Leaving a googly is always a fun thing to see.

OverratedSanity

Good to see you learning the lingo quickly.
Lurked here for a while, so familiar with dire... I know it's probably an overused word though. It's kind of being used in quite a few places so it's hardly CW specific. Dire that it's being used in lots if places now

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
its odd the pakistani fast bowlers havent been bowling sa to pieces in these seam/swing friendly conditions. It has to be because Steyn looked like he bowled well on a sub continent pitch.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Babar going off and with Irfan quite a dodgy player and who has already been warned for running into the pitch, things are looking ominous for Pakistan

Daemon

Tipu: "Zulfiqar and Ajmal are great but genuine leg spinners seem to have dried up...with afridi out of sorts and not playing tests maybe a leggie might be just what we need..."
Lol at Pakistani fans. Nothing is ever enough. :p

salman85

International Debutant
Elgar gone. In comes Kallis, and Misbah brings on Junaid instantly.Very good move.Junaid seems to be getting the better of Kallis off late.

Pakistan's best bet is to dismiss by SA by 150-160, and then bat well enough to leave SA with a similar target in the 4th innings.

I'm pretty confident of our ability to defend a total in the 150 range on this wicket.But the batting really REALLY needs to step up if we need to have the slightest chance of that happening.

Pakistan is heading towards a heavy loss as things stand at the moment, but stranger things have happened in Cricket.Plus, it's Pakistan. Always capable of the unexpected, in both good and bad ways.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Elgar gone. In comes Kallis, and Misbah brings on Junaid instantly.Very good move.Junaid seems to be getting the better of Kallis off late.

Pakistan's best bet is to dismiss by SA by 150-160, and then bat well enough to leave SA with a similar target in the 4th innings.

I'm pretty confident of our ability to defend a total in the 150 range on this wicket.But the batting really REALLY needs to step up if we need to have the slightest chance of that happening.

Pakistan is heading towards a heavy loss as things stand at the moment, but stranger things have happened in Cricket.Plus, it's Pakistan. Always capable of the unexpected, in both good and bad ways.
Dismissing them for 150-160 odd is not an easy task especially with ABCD still to come.

In the commentary it was menioned that Steyn was getting the ball to reverse. Any chance of that hapenning with Junaid?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Our poor bowlers work so hard to get these wickets depite not being as good as the opposition and yet the stupid batsmen can't even put up a decent total for them.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
its odd the pakistani fast bowlers havent been bowling sa to pieces in these seam/swing friendly conditions. It has to be because Steyn looked like he bowled well on a sub continent pitch.
I get the tone of the post but I think Steyn is the type of bowler for whom conditions won't matter too much really. It is all about how much swing he can get with the new and the old ball. Some conditions suit reverse more than conventional swing but that isn't too much of an issue considering he does both and the new ball swings everywhere really for the best bowlers. His two top order wickets seemed to be earned in the air with swing rather than off the pitch and that seems the norm for Steyn.

smash84

The Tiger King
well, safe to say that unless SA do a real big **** up, the match is safely in the bag for them. I can't see Pakistan scoring 200 against this attack in the 2nd innings. If the series ends 1-1, do Pakistan still end up 4?