• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah, I would have never guessed he would be number 2.

In fact had I been asked to name the top few batsmen in the world these days I would have mentioned Amla, Cook, Clarke, Bell (after his ashes), Kallis (perhaps, although i can't remember his last significant innings :p)

salman85

International Debutant
Talking about AB..

Time to hand over the Test Captaincy to him, no? Or is he not interested?

Smith has been captain for almost 10 years now. And the mental toll of it has got to be enormous.

centurymaker

International Captain
yeah, I would have never guessed he would be number 2.

In fact had I been asked to name the top few batsmen in the world these days I would have mentioned Amla, Cook, Clarke, Bell (after his ashes), Kallis (perhaps, although i can't remember his last significant innings :p)
Cook and Kallis haven't had a good year. IIRC Kallis didn't do well in IPL either.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah Kallis's significant innings weren't coming to mind. Cook too? Did he have a poor year or just a middling one?

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Kallis has been piss poor all year. He basically have two tests left in the year to keep his "a hundred a year" record going.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
yeah Kallis's significant innings weren't coming to mind. Cook too? Did he have a poor year or just a middling one?
3 tons in India, at least 2 vs New Zealand and 3 50s against Australia isn't a poor year by any stretch of the imagination.

centurymaker

International Captain
3 tons in India, at least 2 vs New Zealand and 3 50s against Australia isn't a poor year by any stretch of the imagination.
ind v eng series was last yr.

so basically he was well below par against the only good attack he faced. (aus)

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow that's some poor posting. New Zealand's pace bowling was hugely impressive earlier in the year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah. If you're an opening batsman then New Zealand very much does count as a good attack. Average third seamer and rubbish spin options make the claim more questionable if you bat further down but Southee and Boult are quality with the new pill. Fourth strongest new ball attack in the world IMO.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still remember flashes of that glorious summer in England when Mohammad Amir made the ball swing. I remember being so happy to see something like that. Not sure how I feel about him returning, but if he is still as good (and honest to boot), I guess cricket would only have gained something. Plus, him with him in the side, it will be three left arm pacers - him, Junaid and Irfan - in the same side. Ever happened before?

smash84

The Tiger King
2 left armers of such different variety and good quality. I don't think so it has ever happened before. Thanks to Wasim for inspiring so many left armers over the years

salman85

International Debutant
I'm pretty sure Srilanka would have had 3 left arm seamers in the team at some time. Back in the day they used to have this whole list of left armers in the team.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
If Amir does come back and he is allowed to play, then they will get rid of Irfan, which is a shame because Irfan deserves it more despite being not as good.

Last edited: