• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
So I was on the Indian Cricket Fans website and noticed a thread on Junaid Khan chucking with a lot of their posters claiming that he does. Is this true, does he have a jerk in his action. If not I think it's unfair to label someone like that.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I was on the Indian Cricket Fans website and noticed a thread on Junaid Khan chucking with a lot of their posters claiming that he does. Is this true, does he have a jerk in his action. If not I think it's unfair to label someone like that.
Nah, looks to me like he just puts a lot of work on the ball with his wrist. To the untrained and biased Indian eye it may look like a chuck but it isn't imo

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
he appears to have a bit of a jerk, but I've never seen a slow-mo of his action so it's hard to tell

smash84

The Tiger King
lol @ you for taking ICF seriously

salman85

International Debutant
Don't think it's a chuck. If we're going by Junaid's action, try looking up some footage of Fred Trueman bowling. Has seems to have a much bigger jerk in his action, but that isn't a chuck either even though initially i thought it was.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think it's a chuck. If we're going by Junaid's action, try looking up some footage of Fred Trueman bowling. Has seems to have a much bigger jerk in his action, but that isn't a chuck either even though initially i thought it was.
It's the same with Trueman... He had an extremely wristy action as well... The wrist **** makes it look like a chuck

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Junaid doesn't even have a hint of chuck in his action, ignore that bull****.

As for the upset...well as others have mentioned, any game Pakistan play cannot be considered an upset...neither the Zimbabwe loss nor the SA victory.

Briony

International Debutant
Probably not such a huge upset when you consider the conditions and SA being so raw after a long layoff.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, he's been ranked no.1 in the world for quite sometime.

And now AB has moved into no.2, whereas Kallis has fallen to No.12

As for pakistan, both khan and misbah are now in the top 10.

smash84

The Tiger King
wow.....didn't know that ABDEV had moved into 2nd place.

The difference that I find between the two is that with AB it always felt to me (vs Pakistan) that the bowlers have a chance and he could get out any moment. With Amla (vs Pakistan) it always feels that he will play a chanceless innings for a long time and only then allow the bowlers some chances.

Spark

Global Moderator
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, ABdV hasn't played anywhere near as many genuinely significant innings over the last 18 months as a #2 ranking would suggest