• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes cracking result and a cracking Test - I particularly enjoyed the way they teased the Saffers at the start of the second innings only for Misbah to then rub their noses in it - reminded me of my estranged wife actually, which was the only downside

Fusion

Global Moderator
Great job Pakistan! Winning like that against the number one team in the world is damn impressive.

We did lose 3 wickets though, so when all's said and done, it wasn’t Pakistan’s day.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I am scared about the loss of those 3 wickets. The moment it started swinging they were all over us. Imagine if that happens at the start of next match and not at the end.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Misbah has always been a smasher tbf. Remember when he hit four sixes in the opening day of the last test at this ground. It's the scoring shots between 0 and 6 which he struggles with.

Good job this isn't a 150 chase.
It's never been done before at this ground :(

salman85

International Debutant
Misbah is such a likeable cricketer.

The opinion on him back home is very polarized - people either love him, or hate him. To be fair, there have been more positives for our team than negatives since he took over the captaincy. I'm still a big advocate of having Afridi back as the ODI captain, but there is no doubt that Misbah is the man as far as Test Matches go. He has that calm demeanor, that down to earth personality, and the humbleness that is so great to see for once in a Pakistani captain. Plus, he isn't a bad captain either. Knows how to keep the team together (very few public burst ups in the squad since he's been captain), and doesn't let the media slack get to him. Cool as a cucumber at all times. Gotta love the guy. :wub:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
I missed if there was a debate re De Villiers first innings "run out". What's the consensus? Within the spirit or not?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I missed if there was a debate re De Villiers first innings "run out". What's the consensus? Within the spirit or not?
pretty much.

Had he returned to his crease, then walked out of it it wouldn't have been. But he never returned to his crease and he was still holding his pose. His own negligence.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes cracking result and a cracking Test - I particularly enjoyed the way they teased the Saffers at the start of the second innings only for Misbah to then rub their noses in it - reminded me of my estranged wife actually, which was the only downside
Vintage Fertang.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Great day to just pop in yes fantastic result and well done Missbah has really forged a team that has become very hard to beat in UAE. A group of steady batsman who show a lot of grit on these slow pitches a champion spinner ably backed by a second one and couple of decent quicks capapable of giving break throughs would have wished for better away results but can't complain with how they shape up in UAE.

Also fantastic to see Phialander doing well there was questions on how he would go in these consitions but ends up being fastbowler of the test match.

morgieb

Great result for Pakistan.

Funny sport where a side can lose to the worst test side yet beat the best test side in the space of a month.

Burgey

Am such a Misbah fan. Don't get how so many people don't rate him that highly. He's done a great job in less than ideal circumstances. Well done Pakistan. Will be a good test for SA to see how well they hit back in the next test. I don't expect they'll die wondering.

OverratedSanity

If Amla doesn't get back in time for the second test, Pakistan may well be favourites to make it 2-0... Dubai apparently offers more to the spinners doesn't it?

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantastic result this although 7/3 could have been avoided but then it wouldn't be Pakistan..
Very happy for Misbah the batsman..he deserved that hundred..I wish he had gotten more during his career..I am not a big fan of Misbah the captain but the kind of criticism that he faces at home is quite unfair...
Great to see Irfan last the match and come out alive
Junaid Khan - so happy to see this guy develop into such a good swing bowler and the way he toyed with Kallis throughout the match.

I think Pakistan should keep the same team for the next game, 4 bowlers are working when you have two spinners in these conditions and I would give Azhar Ali some more time.

The only other beef I have is how Cricinfo seems to refer to Pakistan beating South Africa an upset. Now I am someone who is extremely harsh on the Pakistan cricket team much more than any other team because they are my team, but Pakistan winning a test match against South Africa is NOT an upset.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In they're previous Test they lost to Zimbabwe.

SA are streets ahead of the field at the top and hadn't lost a game in a couple of years.

That's an upset in anybody's language.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone know what the odds on a Pakistan win were this time last week - that will be the real test of it ....................... or will it :ph34r: