• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
tbf this target was never defendable - as soon as Younis and Misbah came together you knew that they weren't gonna walk off the field until the runs were scored - can't blame Smith for desperately trying another bowler

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played Pakistan. Great win. Dominated the game from start to finish and deserve it. Shame it just a 2 match series.

Daemon

Can tell he's waiting for that flighted little tossed up delivery to deposit into the stands

OverratedSanity

tbf this target was never defendable - as soon as Younis and Misbah came together you knew that they weren't gonna walk off the field until the runs were scored - can't blame Smith for desperately trying another bowler
Nah look they obviously had no chance but it was equally obvious that Younis and Misbah were looking just to survive against Steyn n Phil. It was obvious to me that if Morkel and Peterson were brought on, those two would cash I'm easily

Anyway, wonderful from Pakistan. Misbah WAG! Deserves MoM

smash84

The Tiger King
FMD....I went to rest a bit after the SA innings and wake up to find Pakistan 3 down and ****ting their pants. As I said I wouldn't have wanted Pak to be chasing 150 in the 4th innings. I should have said 100.

But anyway. Well played boys. Keep up the good work. Now go and win the 2nd test match as well

salman85

International Debutant
1-0 baby.

Amla won't be playing the second match, right? All the better. Hopefully we can knock over SA in the 2nd match.

Apparently being no.1, and coming to the UAE vs Pakistan is not the greatest feeling in the world.First England, and now SA.

Daemon

Yeah, unbeaten in Tests in the UAE facing SA twice, SL and England. They might want to adopt it as their new home for a while longer. Hope they go on to win this series.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Great, great stuff from Pakistan, despite the comedy at the end. Hope our batting order can put up another formidable effort in the next Test.

Good attitude from Misbah as well.

Misbah has promised the Dubai-based fans they will not be in for a draw because Pakistan are not simply. going to try and preserve their lead. "We have just given clear instructions to the groundsman that we want results. We want to exploit our home advantage," Misbah said. "We are not going to think negative because whenever there are negative thoughts in your mind, you don't get results. Whether we win or lose, we want results."