• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
SA would ideally like the lead not to cross 100. If Pak get to 400 by tea, then things could get very tricky on day 4 and day 5. Also south africa have mainly used pacers for the workload which means plenty of rough areas for Ajmal and ZB to exploit
Unless ZB bowls to some left handers I think Junaid and Irfan are actually gonna give Ajmal the best rough stuff to work with being left armers - although Junaid likes to troll and go round the stumps

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
SA would ideally like the lead not to cross 100. If Pak get to 400 by tea, then things could get very tricky on day 4 and day 5. Also south africa have mainly used pacers for the workload which means plenty of rough areas for Ajmal and ZB to exploit
Anything above a 100 then SA might hope Pak bat as long as possible to help us draw the match.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Lost 7 Sessions in a row :unsure:

I cannot blame Robbie P, from what I have understood our seamers just have not bowled consistent enough and Kallis dropping Manzoor was vital, we are missing Paul Harris here.

Credit to Pakistan, I hope Misbah gets his hundred, he has taken to much undeserved flack for a while now.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lead's almost a hundred already. SA need s collapse here. I'm backing Philander to cause one soon like he did in Capetown

smash84

The Tiger King
Lead's almost a hundred already. SA need s collapse here. I'm backing Philander to cause one soon like he did in Capetown
Collapse is definitely a possibility because Pak have a pretty long tail. After these 2 there are no batsmen. All 5 players from 7 onwards are mugs with the bat. Adnan Akmal has the highest average among them i.e. 22

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Collapse is definitely a possibility because Pak have a pretty long tail. After these 2 there are no batsmen. All 5 players from 7 onwards are mugs with the bat. Adnan Akmal has the highest average among them i.e. 22
Yeah you can see the last 5 wickets going for 50 or so but SA need that 5th wicket first for that to happen.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nah, just because your batting is awful doesn't mean the bowlers haven't done a good job. South Africa's lineup is ridiculously strong - Duminy and Faf would be batting in the top 4 for most test teams in the world.
Really? I would strongly doubt that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
except for perhaps England and India - and probably Sri Lanka I'm struggling to think which other countries wouldn't want them in the top 4 tbh
Significantly over-stating their ability - For me none of Aus, Pakistan or NZ would take them both.