• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Domestic Season 2013/14

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly have heard nothing of it. Surely the BCCI could bankroll some form of streaming system.
They have streamed in the past on bcci.tv

I've even managed to watch the Irani trophy and a few other Ranji games on the telly in Singapore.

Daemon

Yep. Commentary is given by Gavaskar's son nowadays too, presumably in an attempt to make everything look international-lite.

Shri

Mr. Glass
That's sugar-coating matters. He was never that good even in his first 2 years. He didn't even really lose his pace. He was consistently getting it over 145k in Australia. He just couldn't keep to a line and length, and his seam position was consistently failing him. So he was fast and boal outside off stump...whoa
Nah, he was great support for Khan when the Aussies came to India after the 2008 tour. There was a time when both Khan and Sharma reversed the ball(Khan more than Sharma obviously) and looked like genuine wicket taking options. That was when everyone thought we had found a fast bowler to take India forward for the next 12 years after Khan. Then he got injured and it was like someone had pissed on that fire.

He might not have been as good as other fast bowlers in the world at that time but he was the best in the country after Khan for at least a year. I remember him being compared to Stuart Broad and a lot of people even voted for him as the better bowler.:laugh:(I might have as well:p)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Outside of the IPL, is any Indian domestic cricket televised?

Basically, what I'm asking is that is there any way for a fan to advocate a national selection of a player other than just looking at scores?
Yes.

I remember seeing Praveen Kumar get an 8-fer in Ranji. Was a great day.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Yup IIRC he took 20+ wickets in that series. Looked really good in that series along with Praveen Kumar but unfortunately after that in England tour he was bowled really bad

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yup IIRC he took 20+ wickets in that series. Looked really good in that series along with Praveen Kumar but unfortunately after that in England tour he was bowled really bad
He looked okay against West Indies. He was pretty wayward from what I saw but they just couldn't play him.

Daemon

Nah he was really good there. Jagging it in sharply and more importantly getting it to straighten with consistency. He'll probably do the same if you give him those conditions even now.

Daemon

Baba Aparijith (sp?) just can't stop scoring runs. Anyone had a look at his game?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Have also been hearing good things about Suryakumar Yadav. He was a hot name in the domestic scene last year for his Sehwag-ish aggressiveness as a batsman but things have been quiet this year. Hope I get to see more of his batting in the future.

Daemon

So it seems official, Sehwag's batting in the middle order again. Maybe the best place for him to be scoring runs, but definitely not the ideal position to be making them if he wants to make a comeback.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sanju Samson, Vijay Zol and Baba Aparajith all having good starts to their Domestic career up from u19 level.

Manpreet Juneja another batsman who is now doing decently well in his 2nd season.

Daemon

Just way too many batsmen scoring huge runs, I don't even know what to make of them anymore. Jadeja especially just took the piss with the triple hundreds. Will never be able to fully trust Ranji stats.