• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Domestic Season 2013/14

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ranji XI for Round 1:
  • Vijay Zol
  • Satyam Chaudhary
  • Mandeep Singh
  • Tendulkar
  • Sanju Samson
  • Jogiyani (WK)
  • Rishi Dhawan (RMF)
  • Harbhajan (OB)
  • Jasprit Bumrah (RM)
  • IC Pandey (RFM)
  • Sahil Chaudhari (RM)
This XI is tilted heavily towards those who've won the game for their respective teams. MP were unlucky not to win, especially with ICP running hot again.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Based on potential I think the Indian test top six will look like this on the future:

Dhawan
Vijay/Rahane
Pujara
Kohli
Rohit Sharma/Zol
Uday Kaul/Naman Ojha/Dinesh Karthik

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
So Zaheer misses out for the WI series, I can't say it's unfair because Shammi Ahmed is a reasonable prospect, but I just feel India will need Zak for the tours to come. Amit Mishra needs to gtfo, can't believe we still pick this guy with the number of no-balls he bowls.

Wait Ishant is ALSO in the squad? That's a real joke.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rather have Yadav over Shami for now. And it's only a strong attack in India.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Jonty's ideal world: one of Bhuvneshwar/Umesh/Shami will play both tests. The other two will be swapped. Ashwin and Ojha to bowl together

Zak to bowl well in Ranji and crack the SA squad is the hope, but we need some semblance of a backup plan, so I'm hoping Bhuvi/Umesh/Shami stay healthy. It shouldn't have come to this to realize Ishant was always crap

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not always. Was good for 2 years at the start. Injury->lose pace->lose everything. The path of development of every Indian seamer.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Not always. Was good for 2 years at the start. Injury->lose pace->lose everything. The path of development of every Indian seamer.
That's sugar-coating matters. He was never that good even in his first 2 years. He didn't even really lose his pace. He was consistently getting it over 145k in Australia. He just couldn't keep to a line and length, and his seam position was consistently failing him. So he was fast and boal outside off stump...whoa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's sugar-coating matters. He was never that good even in his first 2 years. He didn't even really lose his pace. He was consistently getting it over 145k in Australia. He just couldn't keep to a line and length, and his seam position was consistently failing him. So he was fast and boal outside off stump...whoa
Yesssssssssss

Best new member. Wish you were here to back me up during Ishant's first couple of years at the time.

Daemon

He's only ever been good on seaming decks where his short of a length deliveries actually do damage. Even in that famous Ponting tour he wasn't great, it's only the ODI tri series following that where he got his reputation.

benchmark00

Outside of the IPL, is any Indian domestic cricket televised?

Basically, what I'm asking is that is there any way for a fan to advocate a national selection of a player other than just looking at scores?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Outside of the IPL, is any Indian domestic cricket televised?

Basically, what I'm asking is that is there any way for a fan to advocate a national selection of a player other than just looking at scores?
Yeah they have quite a few games televised actually; have even managed to watch a couple of First Class domestic fixtures myself over the last couple of years.

benchmark00

Honestly have heard nothing of it. Surely the BCCI could bankroll some form of streaming system.

Last edited: