• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Domestic Season 2013/14

karan316

State Vice-Captain
They're extremes though, which isn't great either. Lahli basically seams around for all 4 days while apparently the Baroda game was played on a pitch that was turning day 1.
That is good I guess, it'll make the batsmen work hard for runs and test their quality rather than the flat roads where the points are decided on the first innings lead.

karan316

State Vice-Captain

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is good I guess, it'll make the batsmen work hard for runs and test their quality rather than the flat roads where the points are decided on the first innings lead.
The reverse will be true for the bowlers. I'm not saying flat tracks are good, but a mix would be nice.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
We want all possibilities. Tracks that turn square. Strips that seam on all days. Flat decks that make bowlers work hard for their wickets- the slow-and-low kind as well as the bouncy ones. Pitches whose character change over the game. That way, every player gets both chances as well as challenges, across the season.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Punjab chasing only 135 but I think they'll struggle. Mohit Sharma's bowling really well.
How so? He bowled a bit short in the ODIs against West Indies and then overcompensated with half volleys some times.

Daemon

Nothing spectacular, just hitting good areas and getting movement off the seam. Kaul was the only one who looked like he could cope with the movement the quicks were getting. Didn't watch the lower order recovery.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Nothing spectacular, just hitting good areas and getting movement off the seam. Kaul was the only one who looked like he could cope with the movement the quicks were getting. Didn't watch the lower order recovery.
I think just a minor adjustment to his length will turn him into a successful international bowler. That being said, I thought the same about Vinay Kumar.

Daemon

He's just not quick enough I think. On decks without much assistance he'll be practically useless.

It's not like he has great control over his seam movement or something that can compensate for the lack of pace either.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He's just not quick enough I think. On decks without much assistance he'll be practically useless.

It's not like he has great control over his seam movement or something that can compensate for the lack of pace either.
He was around 130-135kph in ODI cricket. He was more 135+ in IPL (due to shorter spells obviously) and that is the pace at which the success will come. He doesn't need to put on much pace to be much more successful but definitely some, imo.

Daemon

Yadav's had a disappointing return since his injury unfortunately. Has anyone here watched him bowl this season?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yadav's had a disappointing return since his injury unfortunately. Has anyone here watched him bowl this season?
I'm sure people on ICF had seen him bowl and said the pace is fine but he is a bit all over the place. He was poor in the Challenger Trophy earlier in the season too. Seems seriously out of form, probably best to keep him away from the starting XI in South Africa if he is in such bad form.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Saw him in Challengers, looked completely out of sorts. I thought that maybe with some ranji games he will get his rhythm back but it seems he hasnt.

Rasool hits a ton in 101 balls to force a result against Kerala and how many double tons has Pujara already scored in domestic cricket?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag out cheaply again. Gambhir trying to hold an end up. Fans wish Gambhir was playing in South Africa- when he couldn't hold up against England at home. This leg of Ranji will be dull. Mumbai missing their top players, Vidarbha missing Umesh, Delhi missing Ishant, but it depends on whom you're following. Rajasthan/MP will be an important game. Jharkhand now as competitive as hosts Mumbai, but a win is still unlikely, and they may drop to the bottom.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
J&K Cricket is in a mess. Now they're at 52/5. Parvez Rassool needs to pack up and leave for a team that doesn't insist on living on oxygen supply. The fresh air of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan or Delhi will do him a lot of good.