Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: CA slams 'bigotry' against Ahmed

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Looking forward to the Aussies running out with this logo in future:

Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Looking forward to the Aussies running out with this logo in future:

Still don't think I've ever drunk a worse beer.

Anyway, a stupid, stupid reaction from Campese here - if anything VB would be loving the fact that they get to appear a sensitive brand and CA is loving the fact that they get to appear a sensitive organisation as they target the Asian population. Wonder if Ahmed would've done anything about it had CA not approached him first.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Banned
    VB are getting far more publicity out of Ahmed not wearing the logo than they would if he did wear it.
    JontyPanesar likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    This will be an intolerant post that will draw censure but I am just some mug on the Internet so take it for what it is worth

Some religious beliefs annoy me -"I can't be associated with beer" like this chap.
    sikhs who say "I need to wear a sword on the outside of my clothing in public for religious reasons" despite the fact people feel intimidated around them.
    religious views on the role of women in society in Afghanistan
    mormans who need to marry 13 wives and leave some other poor chap unable to meet anyone because you have hogged all the ladies to yourself.

I basically agree with Doug Walters - but think Campo was a bit OTT
    Serious question - have you actually seen someone's kirpan? I have Sikh friends and have never seen theirs for at least one fairly obvious reason.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Is that a kirpan in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    bagapath likes this.

On the topic, Dougie a brand loyalist so I can see his perspective a bit but Campo, oye.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Is that a kirpan in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    Always happy to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooksey View Post
    VB are getting far more publicity out of Ahmed not wearing the logo than they would if he did wear it.
    Its true, but hands up all the people who have, or have thought of purchasing VB since hearing about this event. Anyone? But its a subconscious thing they say..

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Telling him to go home is worse than "over the top". Its downright disgusting.
    Are you assuming he meant back to Pakistan or to his cozy 2 bedroom apartment in Melbourne?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    hands up all the people who have, or have thought of purchasing VB since they started sponsoring the team
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Are you assuming he meant back to Pakistan or to his cozy 2 bedroom apartment in Melbourne?
    Yeah this is actually a point I've struggled with in the last day. What does he actually mean?

No doubt the connotations are ridiculous, but it would be interesting to know what he actually meant. I suspect he meant Pakistan because Campese is a **** head, but no doubt if he was pressed on it he'd say home to Australia.

Don't get me wrong, either way he's a **** wit, I think one is less bad than the other though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    hands up all the people who have, or have thought of purchasing VB since they started sponsoring the team
    Exactly my point. I'm pretty skeptical of some forms of marketing though it must be said..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Its true, but hands up all the people who have, or have thought of purchasing VB since hearing about this event. Anyone? But its a subconscious thing they say..
    I haven't drank VB for years, nor even thought about the brand. But all of a sudden the VB name is everywhere and as they say, there's no such thing as bad advertising.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Serious question - have you actually seen someone's kirpan? I have Sikh friends and have never seen theirs for at least one fairly obvious reason.
    I have seen them wearing them downtown Vancouver which has a massive sikh population. But have never seen one live unsheathed (drawn out).

Nonetheless I felt intimidated by the peeps who were wearing them. Much like I don't like to see people with a gun attached to their belt downtown.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    theres not really much to respond to. it's just a stupid ****ing logo.
    How much did VB pay to have their stupid ****ing logo on the team uniform? Anybody? So its important to someone.

Here is my much vaunted essay
    Maybe this has perversely worked out well for VB with all the publicity for them. But when he made his decision he didn't know that. He thought he was making a trade off between disadvantaging the advertiser and protecting his religious beliefs. I reckon you can have any religious belief you want as long as you aren't disadvantaging other people. And all those examples I gave in my first post disadvantage other people. The only other example I can think of about religious beliefs and sport is that Michael Jones wouldn't play in the world cup on a Sunday. But then he was also disadvantaging himself as well as the team because he personally didn't get the test spot. In this VB logo boycott the fellow still wants to play for the team.
    I reckon sponsorship is a big deal for sports team so I reckon it is a bigger deal than a small piece of cloth on a shirt.
    Thus endeth the essay.

Ceterus Perebus (can't have an essay without that somewhere).

Almost shot an eagle btw.
    JontyPanesar likes this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information