• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Commentators/Pundits XI

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Having a think about this on the way to work this morning as I read this awful article from Alec Stewart that offered nothing other than stating the bleeding obvious. I also don't like listening to him, his voice, or anything he comes out with in general.

BBC Sport - Ashes places up for grabs in ODI series - Alec Stewart

I am sure there is all that one commentator or pundit you dislike.. Wonder if we can make an XI out of them?? :laugh:

I will get the ball rolling with my nomination for Stewart to be joined opening the batting by Nick Knight.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lloyd
Boycott
Chappell*
D Jones
Arnold
Botham
Shastri
Healy+
Warne
J Thomson
Holding

Ian Smith, Knight et. al. very stiff to miss.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Glenn McGrath up there as well. Probably running the drinks.

Bloke sounds like he's about to cry every time he talks/regales us with stories of the julios vs nerds.

Last edited:

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
How could I forget Botham? When I was watching England/Australias Greatest Days on SS Ashes he used to be ok.

Now he just mumblesallhiswordstogetherreally quickly.

What about Michael Vaughan anyone? Anyone think he is making too much of an effort trying to become the next Bumble.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't mind a bit of David Lloyd or even Holding so long as he's not talking about spin bowling. Excellent accents both.

Botham though...jesus.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think Bumble/David Lloyd is hilarious. I can see why he would rub people up the wrong way though but when your broadcasting live events for 8/9 hours you need a bit of comedy.

The things about the Jazz club in the Pakistan away tests, and then whenever he refers to his "brother Clive Lloyd". Love him.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I actually came in to post that Chappeli should be captain regardless of anything else as well. :laugh:

I don't really mind a complete cheerleader that much but it's the combination of actually taking himself immensely seriously while being so patently and stubbornly illogical in his cricketing perspective that irks me no end with Chappell.

Last edited:

Daemon

I think Vaughan goes alright most of the time tbh. Nasser is one of my favourites currently.