• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Commentators/Pundits XI

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every time a stat comes on screen this guy starts with "look at that!". I know it you bastard. I know it. Don't tell me what is all over the tv screen already you dumb ****. Just allow others to live their lives. We have evolved from single cell organisms to attain more freedom from physical constraints, to think independently and to generally feel good about the time we spend on planet earth as living Beings. Don't spoil millions of years of evolution and natural progress by vocalising your ****ed up thoughts. Keep them to yourself. And stay away. Forever.

Daemon

It's like he dips his head in oil before he walks out the door every morning.

greg

International Debutant
Has Pommie Mbangwe not got a mention?

I think some commentators annoy in part because the quality of their commentary is so much at odds with their quality when they were players. But to some extent we put up with them because they were our heroes once. What Mbangwe brings to the party just remains an eternal mystery to me. Watching (non-England) tests in South Africa is such a trial, the rest of the Southern African commentators not being much better.

flibbertyjibber

Gavaskar and Shastri are terrible.

Healy is woeful and Nicholas is a prat.

Hate Willis, Blofeld and Colville from England.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno what her name is but I've just spent twenty minutes in the car listening to some female commentator on 5 Live - not too impressed, although I'll reserve judgment for now as the poor woman had Vaughan as her summariser - what's her name?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alison Mitchell I assume? Quite like her as a presenter actually, never really heard her do live commentry though.

flibbertyjibber

I sometimes forget quite how awful Colville can be, what is the point of him anyway?
No idea, at least he only gets to present the highlight shows now and isn't the main anchor (he is a word that sounds like it though) and on comms.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Richie Benaud and Bill Lawry.. Lawry has always been an awfully biased commentator but Richie in recent years has been worse than even Gavaskar.. Combine Gavaskar's bias with a Holier Than Thou , I-know-it-all-coz-I-was-a-great-commentator-once attitude.. Result is that horrible version of Richie we are put through in recent times..