• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Commentators/Pundits XI

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember watching a game where Curtly Ambrose came in to commentate, I wasn't impressed tbh

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Barry Richards was once good but has become a bitter, parochial, patronising get-off-my-lawn type.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
We can probably do an xi for each country, or at least 3-4xis

Beefy and holding are awful; it's always funny to see Athers and Nasser explain things to those two as if they're children.
Bumble is just there for his accent.
I just want to burn tufnell every time he comes on tms; he is so incredibly dumb and its obvious he isnt even paying the slightest attention to the match.
Blowers is useful for comic relief.
Vaughan is a good troll; couldn't stand him at first but he has grown on me.
KP had it right about Nick Knight
Willis is a bitter, ignorant man
I wish Ed Smith's commentary was as good as his writing. But that's ok, I still like him.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
this thread is pointless if it doesnt feature the following names:

sunil gavaskar
arun lal
bob willis
laxman sivaramakrishnan

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The lack of props for Healy is disturbing.

Still the worst for my money. Unwinning combination of ignorance (wicketkeeping excepted) and chippy ****ishness.

Warne was downright ****ing shocking at The Oval tho; if we were running a "worst commentary performance" battle it'd walk it. **** just would not stop asking "Are England prepared to lose to win?" and claiming his little **** puppet Clarke has a bigger **** than Cook just because he captains like Amarillo Slim on payday.

bagapath

International Captain
I will not hear a bad word about my man Shivvers!

#coolestmanincricket
Might run into him next weekend at a party. I would love to down a few extra drinks and manhandle this mofu. But the host happens to be a police officer. So I will have to hold my horses and pray for a better opportunity.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Would put the house on Cook having a bigger **** than Clarke anyway. One of those ****ers that has everything going for him in life, really.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
benchmark00 has been banned for a week for accumulating infraction points related to “Lack of respect for, insulting, or harassment of other members”.

bagapath

International Captain
Every time a stat comes on screen this guy starts with "look at that!". I know it you bastard. I know it. Don't tell me what is all over the tv screen already you dumb ****. Just allow others to live their lives. We have evolved from single cell organisms to attain more freedom from physical constraints, to think independently and to generally feel good about the time we spend on planet earth as living Beings. Don't spoil millions of years of evolution and natural progress by vocalising your ****ed up thoughts. Keep them to yourself. And stay away. Forever.

Last edited: