• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Part time bowlers you love to watch?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I also nominate Greg Mail on the "surprisingly fast" stakes. He was an opening batsman and semi-regular wicket keeper at grade level who NSW decided to throw the ball when he played for us, and he proceeded to send down thunderbolts at ~ 130km/hr; much like Wade I guess. He went on to take 14 First Class wickets and then go back to grade cricket and pick up the odd random 6 or 7 wicket haul at that level afterwards. Wasn't actually that fun to watch though.
Greg Mail WAG. Nothing he couldn't do.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Sehwag when back when he actually tried to turn it
Tendulkar back when he actually bowled
Williamson cos h8ers
Ryder near his debut was great. Fallen off pretty bad though.
Anyone who doesn't just dart it really.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I love how Ryder can amble in and fire them down at 130kph. Makes you wonder how fast he could bowl if he was fit and charged in like a real bowler.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I love how Ryder can amble in and fire them down at 130kph. Makes you wonder how fast he could bowl if he was fit and charged in like a real bowler.
I think that there's only so fast you can get with a muscling type action like that. Above that pace typically utilise more elasticity, IMO.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
It barely looked like he was trying too. Perfect seam position and all. Guess some people just have lifes cheat codes

Flem274*

123/5
I think that there's only so fast you can get with a muscling type action like that. Above that pace typically utilise more elasticity, IMO.
i should have made it clearer i was implying what you just said. basically if he decided to become a "real" bowler as a young bloke and build himself the best possible action for him it would have been interesting to see what he would be like.