• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to India in England 2014

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes, yes, you can all make the usual joke

But I just want to ask:

1st Test - July 9-13, Trent Bridge
2nd Test - July 17-21, Lord's
3rd Test - July 27-31, Ageas Bowl*
4th Test - August 7-11, Old Trafford
5th Test - August 15-19, The Oval
Is that itinerary for real? Never seen such a condensed series before. At least it's five Tests.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England to win 5-0 or something similar to that.

Will be surprised if India beat any of England or the Saffers in a single test, let alone a series. I even see them getting flogged by us.

BTW, what the hell is the Ageas Bowl?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that it's stayed a 5 Test series.

Will be the first non-Ashes 5 Test series for 10 years, which is a massive positive for Test cricket.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Good lord, everyone seems to write off the Indian team without a second thought! I don't believe the results will be anywhere as bad as these posts suggests, as long as the team is managed properly- a stretch, knowing Duncan Fletcher. They have a start- most of the failures from the twelve-Test horror have been done away with. New opening batting combination, new middle-order, possibly new opening bowling combination (I expect a trio of Umesh-Bucky-Pankaj/Pandey), and although the spinners are a weak link, I'd expect at least Mishra (if he gets a chance) to do well. Winning a series at either place is a stretch, just like Duncan Fletcher running the team well, but I do expect the new Indian team to compete.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Likely that only Dhoni (and maybe Ishant) from the guys that were part of 4-0 will be playing in this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have entered the OT ballot, I've never seen us play India live. Should be a belter.