• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to India in England 2014

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's a whole other point though. If you say someone's innings wasn't good because it came in a big total as a default response, I'll call you on it. Its a dangerous way to judge knocks. If you corrected it in later posts fair enough, but I saw your post and responded accordingly.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I was frustrated because I'd tried to make a point and you were the second person to call me out on that part, which wasn't really a huge part of my argument. I could have phrased it better and expanded on the "mediocre for some time now" bit but the way I wrote it probably didn't emphasis this enough. You understand me now though so its all good. :D

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Praveen > BK anyway, dunno why he isn't in the test team anyway.

He seems to be on the outer with the Indian selectors for some reason. Dunno if they'll recall him.
But try telling Arjun that. PK hasn't played much fc cricket since that England series because of fitness and injury issues (and his temper apparently). He should be considered as soon as he starts doing well in Ranji on a consistent basis.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Could Praveen Kumar be a chance for the England tour? pretty effective bowler in those conditions. the problem is India don't have any pace options outside of the Kumar and Yadav in the rest of the team, in case more overs of pace are needed, could be risky selections depending on the wickets.
To be fair, there's also Zak and could possibly be Ishwar Pandey or Dhawal Kulkarni. PK should hardly be the first option to be third seamer for India

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Zak and PK would honestly be my picks to battle it out over a 3rd seamer position, unless Pendlay or Mohammed Shami or someone life that stepped up, but we all know deep down that Ishant will be picked regardless

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If the Indian management wants to fix the culture around the Indian side, they need to keep blokes like Zaheer away from the side unless he's had a complete change of heart when it comes to his hit the gym/hit the pies ratio.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Zak should be thanked for his service, particularly the pivotal role he played to getting India to #1 and winning a World Cup, and then moved on.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the Indian management wants to fix the culture around the Indian side, they need to keep blokes like Zaheer away from the side unless he's had a complete change of heart when it comes to his hit the gym/hit the pies ratio.
He has apparently. Read an article somewhere about him admitting fitness let him down and how he recently finished training in France for 6 months and was off to South Africa next (you know **** gets real when foreigners are involved). Too little too late one feels but a steady couple of years from him would be ace imo.

Howe_zat

Audio File
5 Tests is excellent, but quite how we are able to give 5 Tests to this series and not 5 Tests to South Africa last summer, which was set up as one of the biggest Test Series for some time with the (at the time quite clearly) top two teams in the world is frustrating. For that series to have only 3 Tests was a travesty.
Because CSA are appalling, without the slightest pretence towards promoting Test cricket. Last year they insisted on staying at home for Boxing Day, cutting their series in Australia, and put on an ODI on the day. They haven't played a series of more than 3 tests against anyone, home or away, for nearly 4 years.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They're also the same board, who, when in England in 2008 signed an agreement with the ECB that all future Test series between England and South Africa would be 5 Tests in length. Then less than 6 months later released the itinerary for England's 2009/10 tour that contained 4 Tests.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They're also the same board, who, when in England in 2008 signed an agreement with the ECB that all future Test series between England and South Africa would be 5 Tests in length. Then less than 6 months later released the itinerary for England's 2009/10 tour that contained 4 Tests.
Wasn't that our fault though?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm looking forward to seeing Tendulkar again - he'll only be 41 - whether he's fit enough and prepared to put in some work in the nets is more relevant to my mind than anno domini - Jack Hobbs etc etc etc