• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The other two bowlers had normal figures (1-0-17-0 and 2-0-7-0), so unless he was the only 15 year old on the park, it sounds pretty impressive.

Burgey

Parra and Hawkesbury have confirmed the first ever day/night Green Shield game to be played at Brice Purser over on December 14. If anyone lives around the north west of Sydney and wants to see some generally pretty ****ing good youth cricket, get along. 2pm start. Admission free. Lads excited.

Last edited:

Burgey

Lads have a rep game at birchgrove oval today.

After all these years, finally a game within walking distance of home

TheJediBrah

Haha wow. Some ridiculous records coming from Indian school cricket these past few years.
I still can't for the life of me figure out how some of the match ups occur.

Like OS mentioned, the game where the guy made 1000 and then the other team got bowled out for like 30 or something, because 1 team was 15-16 year olds and the other was 10 year olds. How???

Who sends their 10 year old kids to play against 16 year olds and then just does nothing while that farcical match plays out? Someone please explain to me how this happens?

Daemon

I still can't for the life of me figure out how some of the match ups occur.

Like OS mentioned, the game where the guy made 1000 and then the other team got bowled out for like 30 or something, because 1 team was 15-16 year olds and the other was 10 year olds. How???

Who sends their 10 year old kids to play against 16 year olds and then just does nothing while that farcical match plays out? Someone please explain to me how this happens?
The team of 15-16 year olds had exams or something so they sent out the 10 year olds instead. Not sure why the game wasn't forfeited or the batting team coach didn't declare but hey, it's India. That's like in the bottom 0.01% of cricket related concerns there.

TheJediBrah

The team of 15-16 year olds had exams or something so they sent out the 10 year olds instead. Not sure why the game wasn't forfeited or the batting team coach didn't declare but hey, it's India. That's like in the bottom 0.01% of cricket related concerns there.
It's insane

SeamUp

International Coach
Rather impressive not to give it away atain some point in the 200s, 300s or even 400s. That is the impressive thing for me. :D

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
How long does it take to not be an all rounder? Steve Smith is listed on cricinfo as an all rounder for this test. How do they define that anyway? Or is it just a purely subjective thing?

Victor Ian

International Coach
and yeah.... regarding that previous game. holy moley.

How would you feel, playing for a club called Puke? Lol, It's University Puke too. That would be the worst kind.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How long does it take to not be an all rounder? Steve Smith is listed on cricinfo as an all rounder for this test. How do they define that anyway? Or is it just a purely subjective thing?
More like somebody writes the profile and it then gets forgotten about.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My three year old has developed a strange habit. It all started when she got given some cards from a milo tin. She asked who the players were. There were three cards - Burns, Perry and Maxwell.

Since then every time we have played cricket together she has been calling me Maxwell. I'll get the bat and she'll bowl to me and she'll say "you're Maxwell".

It's truly bizarre and very cute.