• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The India-South Africa unofficial test should get a test status, shouldn't it, just as the World XI game shouldn't..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
gotta love how Goughy uses "probably unlikely" to describe the chances of this happening

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
Is there a thread on CW that discusses ATG XIs (as in, those that actually played in one test)? I'd be interested in reading if so.

Also, is there a thread thats sort of like an encyclopedia for inside jokes on CW? Sometimes it can be hard to follow conversations and understand what the **** some of you are talking about!

Howe_zat

Audio File
If you ask someone about an inside gag they will usually explain it to you. Unless they are GI Joe. Ignore whatever he tells you

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that they have qualified on virtue of series win over SL, Pakistan has withdrawn from the tri-series quickly setup for Pak and WI to qualify ahead of BD for the Champions Trophy. West Indies trolled.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
So he is just spouting random stuff every other day to ensure people do not talk about his selection mistakes?
It was a state of the game address, he shouldn't have to beg to keep his position during that!
I read this yesterday and thought some of the points raised had merit from a point of view, but I'm not sure anything could be done. For one, the no ball reverting to the old rule would mean danger from fast bowlers being a foot or more closer, after Hughes' death I doubt they'll go to anything dangerous, and spinners with short delivery strides being further away, thus making their job that much harder

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It was a state of the game address, he shouldn't have to beg to keep his position during that!
I read this yesterday and thought some of the points raised had merit from a point of view, but I'm not sure anything could be done. For one, the no ball reverting to the old rule would mean danger from fast bowlers being a foot or more closer, after Hughes' death I doubt they'll go to anything dangerous, and spinners with short delivery strides being further away, thus making their job that much harder

I have for long thought that we should get the foot fault beep thing that Tennis has to help figure out no balls...

And I didn't know he was speaking at a state of the game address. Been seeing too many headlines with quotes from him in the past few days and so asked the question.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Haha I absolutely could be wrong, I thought the article I read said it was from an address like that.

The beep machine from tennis could be made to work surely

Edit It was the MCC spirit of cricket lecture, so he was being asked to speak on the future direction of the game

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Do not understand the fan following Dhoni has. He was an okay test player and was an ordinary test captain. Sure, he is a great ODI player but people are fans of his in a big way. A lot of people.