• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's fine for Aussie and English fans to hold that view, but an expert deserves to be called out when he writes starry-eyed biased drivel like that.

As ***** and hb say, Qadir, Mushy, and Kumble all existed and, more importantly, would have given inspiration to kids if Warne didn't exist.

Won't even go into Warne's only rival for all time greatest spinner is O'Reilly rubbish.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First game this arvo vs Teddington at Cobbler's Walk. ****ing killing me that I'm not there to watch this. Been Whatsapping him:

How is it?
Good

What are you doing?
Batting five.
Captaining tomorrow

I meant what ware you doing like now?
Breakfast.

How was the sightseeing?
Good.

Fmd

Edit: gonna have a look at Hampton Court?
Not unless there's nets there. Haven't had a hit since Monday.

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Berry is just another sanctimonious old bugger. Amazing how many of the supposedly "great" writers of that era turn into something like this in the noughties.
Berry's always been that opinionated... not always wrong, by any means, but very much "This is my view, and if you don't agree with it that's your problem." (In my opinion, that is :) ).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
:) I know he is not always wrong. Read many of his really good pieces in the 90s in the Sportstar magazine here. Just think that aspect has become more pronounced with passage of time.

mr_mister

Nope.. he is right only if you are an one eyed Aussie who has no idea of what happens around the rest of the cricketing world.
Utter tripe. I consider myself one of the least nationalistic people here when it comes to cricket, I'm no ***** but I'm no starry eyed supporter. I could give a **** if Australia wins a match/series I just like to see my favourites do well. You're just being obtuse

Mushy smushy Warne was in another league

Last edited:

mr_mister

He went as far as making offspin the lame option for kids learning cricket

That's what he did for leg-spin

Daemon

Off spin was always lame
Off spin is a great art. You can vary your flight and deceive in the air. Utilize changes in pace to keep batsmen guessing. Keep varying angles to get the edge. Have men crowd round the bat to suffocate the batsmen. Sidespin vs topsin. There's no limit to the things you can do as a finger spinner bowling offbreaks.

repeat that point about 20x in a 400 word high school english essay format and that's my best ***** impersonation

vcs

Growing up in the '90s, the most popular cricketing idols in my peer group were Sachin, Lara and Warne. So I can see where people are coming from when they talk about him making spin bowling ***y again.

Of course Kumble, Mushy. Saqlain etc. were great but those three captured the imagination.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Utter tripe. I consider myself one of the least nationalistic people here when it comes to cricket, I'm no ***** but I'm no starry eyed supporter. I could give a **** if Australia wins a match/series I just like to see my favourites do well. You're just being obtuse

Mushy smushy Warne was in another league

Obviously, you missed the whole point. So those words describe your post much better.