• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zaheer's performance in that game was maybe the most hilariously bad effort by a topflight opening bowler in a big LO game. Genuinely hilarious.

TheJediBrah

It's a nothing story. Someone would have gone out and asked Sachin that question and he's juts replied in an honest way. It's not really controversial or particularly interesting tbh. They must have been really struggling for news.

For some reason my biggest memory from that game was Ganguly trying to claim a slip catch that bounced a foot in front of him and Hayden just bert-staring him like "what the **** are you doing"

Last edited:

Burgey

I actually reckon the 2015 team was the weakest of the five Australian sides to win a WC. Was a good side but I wouldn't call it the equal of the others tbh.

TheJediBrah

I actually reckon the 2015 team was the weakest of the five Australian sides to win a WC. Was a good side but I wouldn't call it the equal of the others tbh.
2007 the strongest IMO

Going through the whole tournament without even a close game takes some doing

Burgey

Yeah they were a crazy good side. I think it's between them and the 03 outfit. I know they had some closer games, but losing Warne on the eve of the tourney and still going through undefeated was ridiculous. Then again, the 07 side lost Lee as well. FMD Hussey couldn't get a hit in that 07 side, they were that dominant.

OverratedSanity

Yeah they were a crazy good side. I think it's between them and the 03 outfit. I know they had some closer games, but losing Warne on the eve of the tourney and still going through undefeated was ridiculous. Then again, the 07 side lost Lee as well. FMD Hussey couldn't get a hit in that 07 side, they were that dominant.
83 India were the best ever. Beat Richards, Garner, Marshall and co with Roger Binny, Balwinder Sandhu and Madan Lal leading the attack.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I see what you mean. The 1987 side is not one you will back over a series against any of the other sides who made the semis. The 1999 side, same case. The 2003 ones were great and easily the best side in that comp. but the 2007 side was just something else. I will still back them over the 2003 side. And 2015 again, you got the feeling that if the WC was not in Australia, they may not have won. I will go 2007 > 2003 >> 2015/1999 > 1987.

Last edited: