• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Saw Nicky Boje beat Pakistan in an ODI when I lived in Singapore for a little while. What a man, what a moment.

a massive zebra

International Captain
One first class match started in 1795 and was completed the following season in order to reach an outcome:

Earl of Winchilsea's XI v R Leigh's XI

When play was suspended in this match in 1795, Leigh's XI were 42/3, chasing a victory target of 78. The game was completed in 1796 at the same venue with the same 22 players when four more wickets fell for 36 runs in registering a three wicket win. The match may have been completed on account of the wagers laid on both the result and individual scores.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They do it in the NFL. No biggie, would be interested to hear how they go about it.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I wonder how some of the guys like Gilly, Sehwag or Lara would have played under the new rules. If someone like Rohit Sharma could manage 264 runs despite of being a slow starter, then what would have these guys done at their peak? Not doubting the talent of Sharma here.

I know people usually do not complain about the new rules in ODIs, but it gets just too easy for the batsmen once the first 15-20 overs are over.
Two new balls means not much reverse swing/spin towards the end of the innings. Five fielders inside the circle makes it too easy for a well set batsmen to score runs.

I find it hard to agree when someone compares Bevan with some of the guys who have been finishing games recently, I mean it was difficult to master a chase or play a long innings with the older rules, you couldn't just come in and score with so much of freedom. There is a vast difference between Wasim, Waqar and Shoaib reverse swinging the ball and giving the batsmen a tough time compared to the way the bowlers bowl now. These days the bowlers are ultra defensive and just try to finish their spell with decent numbers.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Can't decide which is the best thing I've watched today - Virat's cartoon or 8 Nation Trophy.

Both beat out Interstellar which I also watched today FTR.