• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Your evidence is bull**** though as the only top flight football shown is limited highlights once a week. There is no European football on terrestrial tv. There's very little international football on either.

All this stuff that's on today is lower league stuff (apart from one highlights package which you seem to be overrating the amount that's on seeing as you've been scathing about the same channel showing cricket) which completely negates your initial comments which I pulled you up on.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Your evidence is bull**** though as the only top flight football shown is limited highlights once a week. There is no European football on terrestrial tv. There's very little international football on either.

All this stuff that's on today is lower league stuff (apart from one highlights package which you seem to be overrating the amount that's on seeing as you've been scathing about the same channel showing cricket) which completely negates your initial comments which I pulled you up on.
The entire FIFA World Cup and Euros is on, split between ITV and the BBC!! That is around 100 top flight internationals split across a four year period including the finals of those respective competitions!! Literally every important international is shown on terrestrial!!

Champions League ''lower league''? FA Cup ''lower league''? And I am the one who is ''clueless'' about football?

I do not know what you mean by me being ''scathing about'' some channel showing cricket either? You've pulled that one out of your anus.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The entire FIFA World Cup and Euros is on, split between ITV and the BBC!! That is around 100 top flight internationals split across a four year period including the finals of those respective competitions!! Literally every important international is shown on terrestrial!!

Champions League ''lower league''? FA Cup ''lower league''? And I am the one who is ''clueless'' about football?

I do not know what you mean by me being ''scathing about'' some channel showing cricket either? You've pulled that one out of your anus.
International tournaments every 2 years does not mean every game is on to all the time, it is severely concentrated.

Which bit of the Champions League not being on terrestrial tv are you having trouble in comprehending? Hasn't been for at least the last 2 seasons. I'd also love to know what channel was showing the FA cup today?

The highlights of the League Cup final will be on Channel 5, that'll be the same channel you've had a moan about for their lack of time for highlights due to adverts, so are you just going to display double standards again?

S.Kennedy

International tournaments every 2 years does not mean every game is on to all the time, it is severely concentrated.

Which bit of the Champions League not being on terrestrial tv are you having trouble in comprehending? Hasn't been for at least the last 2 seasons. I'd also love to know what channel was showing the FA cup today?

The highlights of the League Cup final will be on Channel 5, that'll be the same channel you've had a moan about for their lack of time for highlights due to adverts, so are you just going to display double standards again?
''Concentrated''? So we are applying qualifiers to the amount of coverage football has now? Two major competitions with the glitzy big names - your Messis, Ronaldos, etc. - are not deemed extensive because it is a ''concentrated'' competition. It is a positive banquet of football which reduces cricket to a footnote in the English sporting mindset - NB the cricket world cup is not on terrestrial.

The FA Cup was on the other week! I know for a fact as I accidentally flicked it on. Champions League has been on ITV for years - I remember watching Champions League finals; if it isn't on now, then that is a recent development.

I do not know where you believe I have criticised 5 unduly? I actually believe they deserve a medal for supplying the little bit of coverage they can. My main opprobrium is reserved for the ECB I'm afraid (I think my hatred of the ECB is fairly well known around these parts!).

cnerd123

likes this
Harsh to moan at Channel 5 for not covering much cricket when it's apparent members on cricketweb would rather talk about Football too...

SeamUp

International Coach
It happened at the end of January now but Craig Kieswetter + family and their connections won The Sun Met with a horse called Whisky Baron. Probably one of the two biggest Group 1 races in SA.

Said the moment was better than anything he achieved in his cricket career.

Basically all he does with his time now is golf and horses. The family own one of the biggest stud farms in SA now after purchasing it for a hefty price from the Beck family.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Harsh to moan at Channel 5 for not covering much cricket when it's apparent members on cricketweb would rather talk about Football too...
It does have a relevance to cricket as they paywalled the entire sport in England after the 2005 Ashes. The above poster seems to believe football is similarly paywalled (I disagree) hence this rather tedious debate.

It is really hideous what the ECB did to cricket in this country. You pay your £50 and get your cricket. No £50? Flat out of luck. The ECB did this for greed. Nobody gives a toss about the sport in comparison to 2005!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
News flash, pretty much nobody gave that big a toss back in 2005 relative to other sports.

And Football is ****ing paywalled - just because you can't see it for the massive chip on your shoulder about the ECB doesn't mean it isn't.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Mankad one is a bit weird. Does the non striker have to watch the hand now or just trust that the bowler won't complete his action without releasing the ball?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't like that Mankad rule change. Leaves it much more open to abuse now and bowlers can essentially fake out the non striker by pretending to bowl the ball. Dumb.

S.Kennedy

Further on this, the yellow cards/red cards thing isn't happening (although I did hear it might appear in club cricket). ''Batsman' and 'third man' remain as they are cricketing terms.

The dismissal thing is odd. Are they just going to be rolled into one ''weird dismissal'' category? Perhaps they should be named ''ul Haqs''.

S.Kennedy

Further on this, the yellow cards/red cards thing isn't happening (although I did hear it might appear in club cricket). ''Batsman' and 'third man' remain as they are cricketing terms.

The dismissal thing is odd. Are they just going to be rolled into one ''weird dismissal'' category? Perhaps they should be named ''ul Haqs''.
Oh, my answer is in fact here (I preferred my suggestion!). More details can be found here on all these changes,

New MCC laws mean players can be sent off | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo