• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find it funny you continue on your Herath Crusade when the whole world knows he's His Roundness.

Spikey

TPC showing his class by wishing his Indian friends happy Diwali. You never see a spud like Lolhi wishing his Australian friends a Happy Australia Day.

Mostly because he has no friends.
I saw sachin and hayden wish each other a happy birthday and happy Diwali and I want to die now

cnerd123

likes this
I find it funny you continue on your Herath Crusade when the whole world knows he's His Roundness.
He can have two nicknames. Just like Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was also The People's Champion.

Rangana 'His Roundness' Herath, The People's Champion.

Burgey

This thread is where every post about cricket which isn't the Ashes should be made.

Shady Slim

International Coach
ball from a spinner landed flush on my big toe at training and now the outside quarter the toe is all gross and black and red, looks like it's been butchered carefully

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Trivial thing, but I really like that there's a proper boundary rope and not those godawful sponsor sponges in the Aus vs. SA test.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah i do bowl darty offies that barely spin but 5 bowled, a caught behind and a catch to slip. only one ugly wicket, full toss smacked to deep mid wicket

feels good man

Bijed

International Regular
Slippy's latest thread got be looking at Sobers' Cricinfo profile, which contains the following 'In a nutshell' information:

"While Bradman's status as the greatest batsman is increasingly under threat, no one raises an eyebrow at Garry Sobers being called the greatest allrounder. He broke the record for the highest Test score - 365 - at 21, could bowl left-arm orthodox, wrist spin and fast-medium, and was a brilliant fielder anywhere on the ground. He was also the first player to hit six sixes in an over in a first-class game "

I was surprised to read the bold section - admittedly I don't know when it was written, but does anyone have an idea who it's referring to or is it just hyperbole? The only person that I can think it would possibly refer to would be Voges, and even then it would make it a fairly tongue-in-cheek statement.