• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, the missus got me one for Christmas but at that stage he hadn't started selling under his own brand.

He stickered it up with Kookaburra Ridgeback from back in the mid-90s when Punter started using it (with the big Kookaburra logo, not the smaller one). He also restickered another of mine with the Puma stickers, back from when Bevo hit the winning runs off the last ball.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's gold. Those Puma bats were gun back in the day. I think they evolved out of the Millichamp and Hall cues uimm.

Good on the missus getting you cricket gear. A positive sign in any relationship!

Burgey

Girding up my loins ahead of the new season starting Saturday. It will be my last, after 42 years playing since I was five. Only missed last season in that time. This i=one will be special as I'm playing in the same seniors team as my son.

Have already begun running the bath* ahead of Saturday night in anticipation of the pain.

*For English posters, a bath is a large tub which is filled with water which people bathe in to get clean. They sometimes have a shower head over them and can often be found int he same room as the lavatory.

Burgey

Are his normal cartoons, well, funny at all? There was lots of material out of the latest tour to SL, he managed to basically gather up a lot of it and make it humourless. It's quite an achievement.

Daemon

where the **** did the cricket go. major withdrawal symptoms now from that glorious 30 days of test cricket. all we have now is some rubbish t20 league lead by a corrupt and fat ugly bastard. duleep trophy streams don't work either smh.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

where the **** did the cricket go. major withdrawal symptoms now from that glorious 30 days of test cricket. all we have now is some rubbish t20 league lead by a corrupt and fat ugly bastard. duleep trophy streams don't work either smh.
Yeah these couple of weeks have been brutal. I got so used to all that beautiful test cricket. :(

Only a week to go for India v NZ, though, which will be awesome.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Are his normal cartoons, well, funny at all? There was lots of material out of the latest tour to SL, he managed to basically gather up a lot of it and make it humourless. It's quite an achievement.
I've found a few of his soccer cartoons quite funny - I think that's the sport that's nearest to him, whereas his others seem to be preying on the most boring stereotypes of the sport.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Larwood's test bowling average of 28 something is interesting, must be the only quickie with an average of over 26 let alone 28 that is lumped in that ATG class he is often considered to be in

And Mohammad Ashraful has a batting average of 24 yet has 6 test tons. Must be the only dude with 5 test tons who averages less than 25 let alone 6 of 'em

Howe_zat

Audio File
And Mohammad Ashraful has a batting average of 24 yet has 6 test tons. Must be the only dude with 5 test tons who averages less than 25 let alone 6 of 'em
Yeah he is. Only one who comes close to his record is Syd Gregory (4 tons), an average in the 20s being acceptable back then.