• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

M0rphin3

International Debutant
I get trying to get more people to enjoy the game, but WTF and it's WAY more confusing than anything. Let's assume someone does understand this (which seems more complicated anyway), they'll surely have a difficult time understanding the actual cricket, which anyway has a bunch of different set of rules. Just stupid ass **** tbh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is the easiest way to alienate your existing fan base, for sure. I mean, its one thing to have a 16 over competition instead of a T20 but the way they are baseballing cricket here was pathetic to watch tbh.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I get trying to get more people to enjoy the game, but WTF and it's WAY more confusing than anything. Let's assume someone does understand this (which seems more complicated anyway), they'll surely have a difficult time understanding the actual cricket, which anyway has a bunch of different set of rules. Just stupid ass **** tbh.
I looked at the scorecard on crapinfo and my eyes just glazed over when reading the little information button that explained the changes of ends and things like that.

So bloody stupid. Actual cricket is so much easier to understand.

stephen

Jackson Bird has the lowest shield bowing average (21.35) by far of all shield bowlers to have taken 250+ wickets. The next lowest average for a bowler with 250+ shield wickets is Andy Bichel, who had a shield average of 23.24.

Again, proving my point that he's been hard done by. This generation's Andy Bichel.

Starfighter

Some might be tempted to say that the often lush Hobart wicket has helped him a bit. Shield Gabba pitches were often pretty green in Bichel's day too, so make of it what you will.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goes missing on flat wickets. But I guess a lot of bowlers do. If Bird was English he might have 300 Test wickets

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I do certainly rate Bird, but you have to say the calibre of domestic batting is a looooong way off where it was in the golden era Bichel played in

Would be one of the first picked in a current era best of the Shield team though

stephen

Yeah it's just that his bowling stats stand out like a sore thumb. Not even Lillee averaged under 23. You have to go back as far a Davidson and Lindwall to find shield bowlers who averaged under 22 and took a lot of wickets.

Bird really only went missing in that one MCG test where Cook scored his double on what had to be one of the flattest decks you will ever see. Deserved way more chances than he has had, particularly when Starc has been garbage for long periods.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Click on the cricinfo stats page for Ireland test averages- current players. Is sad.

No player meets the conditions to populate that page anymore. Has ticked over 2 years since their last test.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's just that his bowling stats stand out like a sore thumb. Not even Lillee averaged under 23. You have to go back as far a Davidson and Lindwall to find shield bowlers who averaged under 22 and took a lot of wickets.

Bird really only went missing in that one MCG test where Cook scored his double on what had to be one of the flattest decks you will ever see. Deserved way more chances than he has had, particularly when Starc has been garbage for long periods.
As starfighter mentioned though, there have been some very spicy Hobart wickets in his time that might have driven down that average. This was during the peak Luke Butterworth (FC bowling average of 24) and James Faulkner (FC bowling average of 24.8) years.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
With all the bio bubbles and mental health issues going around in cricket at the moment, it would be good to have a psychology degree holder with any side, I guess.

Also, nice of Matt Roller to accept facts.

Matt Roller in the article linked above said:
Like so many tales about promising English cricketers, Harrison's story starts in South Africa.
Of course, it does. :p