• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Parra junior academy doing a tour of Pommie in July 2017. Should be good for a giggle

Shady Slim

International Coach
the way that australia denote scores

x wickets for the gain of y runs

it makes no sense

x runs for the loss of y wickets makes sense

Burgey

Australian cricket could cure cancer and Slim Shady would bitch that it's putting oncologists out of work.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i forgot to ask this, by chance is anyone following australian survivor?

lee carseldine, who played for queensland, is jacked as **** at 40 and beating all comers in the physical challenges

Burgey

Yeah he's ****ing killing it. Seems a decent fella too.

On another note, bats aside, does anyone not buy their gear online any more?

I went to Kingsgrove the other day and had a look at some gear as I am coming back to play this year and my pads and gloves had funnel webs and mould all through them from not being used for two years.

Anyway, saw the gear I wanted and the incomparable Mrs Burgey got it online for me from the kids for Father's Day at a fraction of the retail cost. It's ****ing tops - Mrs Burgey liaised with the traitorous son of mine Burgeinho to ensure the gear she chose was the right stuff.

And best of all, she actually loves cricket as well and is going to be doing the arvo teas. This lady could cook for Australia. Fmd I can't wait to play again.

And yeah I'm waxing lyrical, in no small part because she's away this week and I'm missing her madly.

Daemon

Still using my masuri helmet from 8 years ago but I use the university equipment for everything else. We've got some real **** bats that haven't been knocked in this year so I might have to invest in one though.

OverratedSanity

Not his fault. I think he might've done it accidentally.

The 8 - ) should logically be for this emoticon :cool:

Have no idea who thought 8 - ) ---> 8-) was a good idea. CW is stupid.

Daemon

No more of that resting nonsense for Australian bowlers then. Just replace your bones with bits of metal as and when needed and get on with it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Starc and Hazlewood have already been rested. I'd like to see SA rest Rabada, to make sure he's fit for the tour here, cause I'm dying to see him bowl.

Daemon

Got a game on saturday, any advice on taping, sprays etc? I'm a keeper so this sort of thing happens fairly often but it's usually not this swollen/painful.

Attachments

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah he's ****ing killing it. Seems a decent fella too.

On another note, bats aside, does anyone not buy their gear online any more?

I went to Kingsgrove the other day and had a look at some gear as I am coming back to play this year and my pads and gloves had funnel webs and mould all through them from not being used for two years.

Anyway, saw the gear I wanted and the incomparable Mrs Burgey got it online for me from the kids for Father's Day at a fraction of the retail cost. It's ****ing tops - Mrs Burgey liaised with the traitorous son of mine Burgeinho to ensure the gear she chose was the right stuff.

And best of all, she actually loves cricket as well and is going to be doing the arvo teas. This lady could cook for Australia. Fmd I can't wait to play again.

And yeah I'm waxing lyrical, in no small part because she's away this week and I'm missing her madly.
Got a mate who is sourcing sticks from overseas and selling them here. They're pretty darn good ones too.

https://www.instagram.com/hbcricket/
https://www.hbcricket.com.au/

Burgey

Jeez they look all right. You using one, Mac?

New gloves and pads arrived for Fathers Day. All good, except the gloves labeled left handed are right handed. Still, when you're getting 100 buck plus gloves for 25 I'll happily return them and get the new ones sent out.

Stinging for the new season and playing a full year with the young bloke. He gave me the lads and wrote on the card "Hope you don't get hit on them". I'm going to run the little* arsehole out.

*taller than me at 14 tbh