• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Teja.

Global Moderator
What would be the best individual day's performances by a cricketer in test cricket. I was hoping Ashwin would have bagged a few before stumps to be right up there. Considering the difficult pitch, it must surely be high.

I guess 300 in a day, even with no wickets must be huge and Sehwag was not far behind. I imagine those 10 wicket hauls of what's his name and Kumble probably occurred within a day (not sure).

What are the great single day performances of a test match?
Sehwag's 201 in Galle 2008 has to be up there.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Lillee played 4 games in Asian conditions and we don't know how he would have fared if we would have played more.

But purely looking at the cutters he bowled(the movement was just crazy), I think he would have been tough to face. I am not talking about some of those flat pitches which were prepared in those days, but the turning tracks on which the cutters he bowled would have been even more lethal.

I know there have been debates on this, but purely looking at his skill, I feel he would have done great had he played more number of games in the sub-continent.
If lillee had played the same amount of tests in Asia as Jimmy has then he's average would be about 28.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Now for the latest installment in things that didn't really need to be announced, Dhammika Prasad has retired.

Interesting career. Was pretty meh for a while, then had a random short period of being a gun only to break down once more and then not play international cricket again

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

For the people in KXIP who decided to stump that much for Meredith: prepare to be disappointed (though probably not as disappointed as whoever bought Cummins last year).

Malan going for 1.5 crore and Richardson 14 says a bit about the thought processes that go behind this competition.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Malan will revert to a much more average mean over the next few years after a misleading start to his career IMO

I would pay more for Jhye Richardson than I would for him tbh (but not that much more)

Very surprised Maxwell went for as much as he did after how crap he was in the last edition. I wouldn't be so willing to shell out on the hope of a 30+ year old potentially doing better.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But RCB have the kind of folks who might just about get the best out of Maxwell. Virat as captain, Katich as the coach, AB around him and then folks like DDP and Sundar looking up to him as well. Its a nice balance of guys whom he can look up to as well as guys who will look up to him. Do think he will go very well this season.

Starfighter

Someone reminded me that the cricket section on BigFooty was a thing. Saw this very enlightening comment on there yesterday with respect to the IPL auction:

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 11.11.09 AM.png

Says it all really.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Is there actually a player called Sachin baby?
Why do teams keep paying top money for maxwell?
Has pujara actually been bought or is it someone with the same name?

Starfighter

Yes
No idea, but IPL selections have been divorced from common sense for years
Apparently it is *the* Pujara. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play though.

stephen

Pattinson's lost a yard of pace but he's still a fine bowler. Huge bounce he was getting off a length in that video.