• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Victor Ian

International Coach
I think I have good evidence of having stepped through the mutliverse into another existence. How the **** are South Africa rated 6th in the test championships? The last I remember, they were No1 and Australia were playing to take top spot, if everything went right. I thought they did not take the number 1 off South Africa. Some memory about that time about England also having a chance at top spot. I think that was about just after Australia lost the ashes to them again.

Now, I've had a squiz and See South Africa down at 6. When did they last lose a test series? When did Pakistan win anything to be no3? When did India halt their collapse into pathetic and take no.2? How can England be down there at 4? Aren't they generally winning? How the **** is New Zealand more than South Africa? That is my main evidence that I am in another 'verse. WTF. My head is so done in by this. I'm not coping well.

Is it easy to find a simple list of what has been going on since my memory of when Australia was playing South Africa for top spot? My head is so messed up that I can't find anything.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I`m not to sure how rhetorical that was but SA lost two test series in a row... India in India 3-0 and 2-1 against England in SA....I do wish SA would play more though, probably be a better indication where we at (#3 is probably a bit more realistic) but hey...

Victor Ian

International Coach
I`m not to sure how rhetorical that was but SA lost two test series in a row... India in India 3-0 and 2-1 against England in SA....I do wish SA would play more though, probably be a better indication where we at (#3 is probably a bit more realistic) but hey...
Not rhetorical. I was after an answer, so thanks. I finally found the list of recent series results and have a better understanding now. I am still amazed that S.A are 6 after what seems only two losses when they seemed on the verge of having a full house prior. I would still rate them No1. I really think it a joke that Australia is No1 by so much (and I am an Aussie). I have lost touch with South Africa since the retirement of Kallis, but it amazes me this test rankings system can let them drop so much so quickly.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mini IPL is bad enough but just before the Duleep trophy? That's incredibly stupid.

replace the state-based domestic T20 tournament - the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy - with a zonal-based competition
Please do this

Midwinter

State Captain
T20

The future will be more of it
The administrators will follow the money, we have seen the players "run" after the money, cricket in the Olympics, that is T20. International tours of ODIs and T20 games only.

It is able to be packaged into TV a program, with tight timing.

The upcoming generation sees T20 as the natural form of the game.

I don't like it but that is where it is heading

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Why the **** would other nations want the IPL in their country?

**** the BCCI are flogs.