• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can anyone find a more even split of the pie of any bowler with > 50 wickets?

Big fan of Rubel's inverted peace symbol

But of course, he doesn't have 50 Tests wickets

Spikey

What's going on with english cricketer knighthoods?

There were only 10 knighthoods in the entire 20th century and then Sir Ian Botham in 2007, which was equally for his significant charity work as for his cricket exploits.

Now the floodgates have opened with Cook, Boycott and Strauss, while James Anderson was to be knighted this year except they were too worried Aussies would sledge him while he still played lol

Does that mean Sir Stuart Broad is next, or will it be Sir Ben Stokes?
england has actually had some good players, unlike from 1960 to 2010

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Lol, didn't some one say that if Damien Martyn would **** in the playing field, he would make it look classy as well. Same thing could be said about Gower too.

TheJediBrah

Was a joke about how they perceive the world. Probably a bit esoteric.
No I get the joke, it's not obscure at all. You just seem to be heavily invested in America lately, in a negative way that makes you upset and I hate seeing you upset :'( . Let's talk more about how Ben Hilfenhaus is a better bowler than Jimmy Anderson

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No I get the joke, it's not obscure at all. You just seem to be heavily invested in America lately, in a negative way that makes you upset and I hate seeing you upset :'( . Let's talk more about how Ben Hilfenhaus is a better bowler than Jimmy Anderson
Call me crazy but I hate to see fascism rise before my very eyes, taking over not just one but two organisations that I used to actively support (American evangelical Christianity and the republican party separately). My identity isn't bound up in them as identities but it does break my heart to see them both fall to a fascist cult leader.

It has affected me quite a lot personally. Having a young family makes you realise your own personal vulnerability and for that to coincide with the events of the last 4 years has really taken its toll on me mentally and emotionally.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I know you can be given 'timed out' if you don't get out there quick enough, but what about if the batsman decides to game the system when seeking a draw and take excessively long to face up on any ball?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know you can be given 'timed out' if you don't get out there quick enough, but what about if the batsman decides to game the system when seeking a draw and take excessively long to face up on any ball?
The umpire can penalise them for wasting time.