• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Victor Ian

International Coach
Having got rid of all team sports, they could then have space for a cricket presence where the sport is fastest legal delivery and perhaps furthest outfield throw. I mean shot put.... Who the **** throws like that?

weeman27bob

International Regular
I think I could happily see the back of all the team sports.
Assuming that's mostly directed at football/handball/hockey/etc rather than other things that have a team element, I can definitely see some merit in that argument.

Personally I think that the sports that have the weakest cast for inclusion is where the pinnacle of the sport clearly isn't the Olympics. Which would rule out Football, Basketball, Golf and Tennis. Cricket would also fall into this category.

That would keep in handball, rugby sevens and volleyball amongst others as team sports, but as far as I'm aware the big goal in most of those sports is to win an Olympic medal (maybe rugby sevens a little bit more questionable)

Flem274*

123/5
the olympics is pretty exciting for rugby 7s. it went from a drinking festival to a serious sport overnight.

i think i give less of a **** what is at the olympics as i get older. it's the biggest sporting festival in the world, so the more the merrier. no one has time to watch everything anyway, so if an event doesn't interest you or seems a bit out of place like chess then it's easy to avoid.

there should be even more sports at the olympics, and we should invent some. we have multiple stupid versions of backyard and indoor cricket, let's get them in there.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Synchronised Swimming is absolutely pathetic. Needs to be binned asap
Totally agree. It also excludes males so could be regarded as ***ist. At one of the Commonwealth games I recall a couple of male Canadian swimmers doing a great send-up. One had water wings, they had nose pegs and false teeth to mimic the fake smiles. A Female synchronised swimming official took exception to the act and demanded an apolgy. I'm not sure if one was forthcoming.

aussie tragic

International Captain
"Australia's tour of South Africa may move to Perth amid Covid-19 fallout"

That's hardly fair, South Africa have never lost a Test in Perth, so could be 3-0 to SA :(

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've been a little bit bemused and disappointed how we haven't been scheduled for one of the prime series in the cricket calendar," the WACA chief executive Christina Matthews said in May when the original summer schedule was announced. "The government invested hundreds of thousands of dollars to make Perth Stadium cricket friendly from the start, so all the facilities for cricket were built into that, and at the time Cricket Australia gave a guarantee to the government that they would absolutely be utilising that stadium to its fullest
Ah, this might have been because WA had effectively seceded at that point? And with only four tests to go around in the prime series someone needs to miss out (though imo it should be Brisbane every time)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Woah at 24?

Corey Anderson announced his retirement a few days earlier and is moving to the USA for cricket too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Woah at 24?

Corey Anderson announced his retirement a few days earlier and is moving to the USA for cricket too.

Visa milega toh chalega....

Translation: Will do anything if you can get me a US Visa

cnerd123

likes this
USA cricket making some major moves in the right directions recently, but there have been plenty of false dawns before. Hopefully this latest push to better organise and grow the game there will be successful.