• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To you the only proof of racism is hurling n words. Real racism is a tad more subtle and can be soft and also be something Warne doesn't even realise he's doing. Your opinion on the Adam Goodes stuff is enough for me to know we think about this issue differently

In my opinion it all began in 2012 in that BBL game. And that Warne started it
Dude this is real cringey. You've got 1 guy literally outright saying racist things and you've decided to side with him and claim that the other guy is racist. Also by bringing up politics like you did I can't help but wonder if you've chosen sides based on race as well. Apologies if I'm off the mark there but I can't fathom how else you could come to the conclusion that you have

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay I'll say it even though i know your response ahead of time

Black people can't be racist against white people

Samuels is lashing out but Warne has poked the bear for years. He is absolutely loving being part of this pile on atm and for the wrong reasons

TheJediBrah

Marlon Samuels is an adult. He can be responsible for his own actions. If you want to absolve him of any wrong-doing or blame because of the colour of his skin then you can feel free to do it but that's incredibly patronising and kind of sickening tbh.

Don't even know how to react to this. Mind boggling.

Starfighter

If you genuinely believe this, then sorry, the only racist person here is you. One of the most pernicious of the post-modern lies, itself based on a philosophy that denigrates the idea of objective truth because its proponents know it's not on their side.

mr_mister

Marlon Samuels is an adult. He can be responsible for his own actions. If you want to absolve him of any wrong-doing or blame because of the colour of his skin then you can feel free to do it but that's incredibly patronising and kind of sickening tbh.

Don't even know how to react to this. Mind boggling.
Dude. I said I felt Warnes beef with Samuels was racial. I said I knew far less about the Stokes feud. My reasons included Warne having a track record of attacking Waleed and Goodsie when they were both embroiled in big racial controversies. I have barely talked about Samuels except to say yes he's lashing out right now. Nothing I've said is sickening at all

mr_mister

If you genuinely believe this, then sorry, the only racist person here is you. One of the most pernicious of the post-modern lies, itself based on a philosophy that denigrates the idea of objective truth because its proponents know it's not on their side.
Yeah yeah not interested in fighting a war on yet another front mate. Wait til next argument

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Warne has a track record of attacking a number of people other than those you mention. Selective naming of Goodes and Waleed while ignoring his attacks on others is cherry picking to support your argument.

TheJediBrah

I don't think anyone can be truly racist against white people for reasons involving power and the fact "were on top" but i don't want to get into this
You need to spend a bit more time in the real world. I'd wager you have to be getting all your information and prejudices from extremist echo chambers to be saying some of the things you are here. Not all white people are automatically the bad guy and not all black people are victims. Anyone can be racist.

mr_mister

Warne has a track record of attacking a number of people other than those you mention. Selective naming of Goodes and Waleed while ignoring his attacks on others is cherry picking to support your argument.
**** me mate. He gets into lots of beef yes. Obviously race wont be a feature of every one eg with Steve Waugh. Just gave an example where race was indeed an issue

mr_mister

You need to spend a bit more time in the real world. I'd wager you have to be getting all your information and prejudices from extremist echo chambers to be saying some of the things you are here. Not all white people are automatically the bad guy and not all black people are victims. Anyone can be racist.
I didn't say black people can't be racist fullstop. They can to other minorities. Just not against white people due to the history between the two races. I'm pretty done with this now

TheJediBrah

ftr I don't think Marlon is racist. He's probably just throwing words around without thinking and I actually most of what he's saying is hilarious but then I'm an immature ****

I didn't say black people can't be racist fullstop. They can to other minorities. Just not against white people due to the history between the two races. I'm pretty done with this now
thank **** for that

Teja.

Global Moderator
Cut it out and move on from the topic guys.

If you want to discuss intersectional politics or how post-modern morality sucks, start a thread in N+P.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Rats. I was just about to show the absurdity of Mr_Mister's 'philosophy', but now have to return to talking about two contemptible people.

Hang on, it was the Ben Stokes comments that started it wasn't it?

mr_mister

Mmm yeah. Please steer clear of me in future even if you disagree with me

Don't need people telling me my opinions make me really weird or are sickening. Cheers in advance

TheJediBrah

Don't need people telling me my opinions make me really weird or are sickening. Cheers in advance
I would hope you realise that by yourself in time

though if you refuse to engage with anyone with differing opinions because it hurts your feelings I'm not holding my breath

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
sometimes? you give me way too much credit

*3 contemptible people

wouldn't mind seeing a royal rumble Warne v Stokes v Samuels
Are there any other people one could throw into such a mix?

Also, it was a bit of a cheap shot at Samuels, but I've never found Stokes to be notably bad compared to Warne.

Or is there something I've forgotten?

Mmm yeah. Please steer clear of me in future even if you disagree with me
Right. You can say what you like, and we'll just stand and listen.