• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean the narrative that he was actually being booed because 'he was a grub' is strange coz he won the best and fairest award for his clubseveral times

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean the narrative that he was actually being booed because 'he was a grub' is strange coz he won the best and fairest award for his clubseveral times
I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means, I haven't even been to an AFL game since I was about 12 years old, but that "narrative" is a lot more believable than the one where thousands of people are just booing the guy because he's indigenous
Do you vote for the liberal party by any chance
Usually just pick whichever one has the funniest name

mr_mister

Is it really that much of a stretch to believe footy fans could be racist diots. It was more than just a chorus of boos because he was aboriginal.

It was his perceived 'whinging' about racism in the sport, him getting a teenage girl evicted from a game for calling him an ape(he should have gone easier on her because she was a teenager apparently) and apparently just 'grubby behaviour' and 'bringing politics into the sport' by doing an aboriginal war dance after a goal once

It's really annoying to me that you would make a post like 'wait you actually believe this' and then proceed to admit you don't know much about the story. There's more to racism than throwing out n words

TheJediBrah

Warne is clearly no genius, but I just don't get how you get a guy saying: “No white boy could diss me in the sports and no get back diss look at this b***h still thinking about me give me 14 days with you wife turn her into Jamaican in 14 seconds mate none of yall knows me that simple means it’s my f***ing superior skin tone yall hate f*** you" when no one else is saying anything about race or skin colour and your first though is "Oh the other guy is probably racist"

mr_mister

Warne is clearly no genius, but I just don't get how you get a guy saying: “No white boy could diss me in the sports and no get back diss look at this b***h still thinking about me give me 14 days with you wife turn her into Jamaican in 14 seconds mate none of yall knows me that simple means it’s my f***ing superior skin tone yall hate f*** you" when no one else is saying anything about race or skin colour and your first though is "Oh the other guy is probably racist"
Because it's after a build up of Warne giving him **** for no reason? The same Warne who didn't see anything wrong with the Adam Goodes booing despite knowing the full story

During the 15/16 series while on commentary, Warne went on a huge on air tirade about Samuels coz he was standing in the field with his hands in his pockets. Called him stuff like lazy and a sign of him not wanting to be out there.

Like Warne tried to make it seem like it was just purely cricket based criticism but it came accross as really petty and weird like he was excited he had the chance to rip into Marlon

Daemon

Because it's after a build up of Warne giving him **** for no reason? The same Warne who didn't see anything wrong with the Adam Goodes booing despite knowing the full story

During the 15/16 series while on commentary, Warne went on a huge on air tirade about Samuels coz he was standing in the field with his hands in his pockets. Called him stuff like lazy and a sign of him not wanting to be out there.

Like Warne tried to make it seem like it was just purely cricket based criticism but it came accross as really petty and weird like he was excited he had the chance to rip into Marlon
I get your point that Warne might have done racist bogan things, but to conclude that this particular spat was probably because of racism makes little sense to me. It's clear to all that Marlon is a colossal dickhead and it's just far, far more likely Warne dislikes him because of that rather than anything to do with race. He's got nothing against any other black or brown cricketer afaik.

mr_mister

The line where Marlon said 'none of yall know me' struck a chord with me. I believe him and can absolutely understand why he feels he's been judged by Warne super prematurely

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Or it's having all the info and making a judgement
Or fitting it all into preconceived ideas. Particularly with regards to Warne, you do not know his racial attitudes: rather, your ideas and narrative are supplying 'information' when in there isn't any. A person may be a dickhead, and may be a bogan, and there may be people who combine this with also being racist, and you might say there is a correlation between the former and the latter, but in this case for this one individual you do not actually know that.

OverratedSanity

Dont think its a race thing, but Warne're response was almost as ****ty as Samuels. He just goes 'youre a **** cricketer and an average human being'. Its more articulate than Malron's gibberish but just as immature.

TheJediBrah

Because it's after a build up of Warne giving him **** for no reason?
lol Imma stop you right there. "for no reason"? You're clearly aware of all of Marlon Samuel's issues and the **** he's been saying, fights he's had over the years etc. but you're still sitting here deciding that Warne doesn't like him because of his race?

I mean come on m8. Warne's no angel and almost certainly treated him harshly on commentary but it's probably because he just doesn't like him because Samuels is a ****. So is Warne, obviously, but clearly from his tweets alone Samuels has real issues

TheJediBrah

So if you want to say Warne is a dickhead who was unprofessional on commentary, you have every reason. You'd be absolutely correct. But he's not the "racist" one in this scenario lol

Daemon

Dont think its a race thing, but Warne're response was almost as ****ty as Samuels. He just goes 'youre a **** cricketer and an average human being'. Its more articulate than Malron's gibberish but just as immature.
Not even on the same planet, sorry.

Samuels said he'd **** Stokes wife until she turned Jamaican.

Warne said you're an average cricketer and human.

mr_mister

To you the only proof of racism is hurling n words. Real racism is a tad more subtle and can be soft and also be something Warne doesn't even realise he's doing. Your opinion on the Adam Goodes stuff is enough for me to know we think about this issue differently

In my opinion it all began in 2012 in that BBL game. And that Warne started it

mr_mister

It just so happens Warne has got into 3 feuds(over twitter and in person) with 3 high profile people of colour in recent times. Samuels, Goodes and Waleed

Just saying