• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbh with Warne it did feel like racism. Just had beef with him for no reason seemingly. I remember on commentary he even ripped into Marlon one time during the 16/17 tour out here

Not sure about the Stokes feud

Tom Flint

International Regular
Tbh with Warne it did feel like racism. Just had beef with him for no reason seemingly. I remember on commentary he even ripped into Marlon one time during the 16/17 tour out here

Not sure about the Stokes feud
Yes because the only reason anyone could possible dislike Samuels is the colour of his skin.
The fact he is a complete bell end had nothing to do with it

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuels is probably just using this to promote his dumb cologne. He even gives it a shoutout here
E5EB1C1B-2B79-4D46-A09C-9B0DAE290BC7.jpeg

Last edited:

mr_mister

Yes because the only reason anyone could possible dislike Samuels is the colour of his skin.
The fact he is a complete bell end had nothing to do with it

Just saying I followed the Warne/Samuels stuff closely and it didn't look great for Warne

Seen their big bash dust up? Warne looked like a child

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yes I've seen it. But people are allowed to dislike eachother and argue on the field without it being a racial thing. I've followed Marlons page for the last few years and he is a complete moron

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
After Stokes joked that you wouldn't even wish quarantine on Marlon Samuels, Marlon made what one might call a rather strong reply (warning: very rude):

I mean, that's a pretty pathetic thing for Stokes to say. Why he needed to take a jab at Samuels is beyond me. I think you can make your point without slagging off someone (and whilst 14 days in a plush hotel isn't ideal, it's not the gulag). So yeah, I can see why Samuels came out swinging, even if it's pretty well known he's a poor person himself.

And trying to pin racism on Warne for the Samuels beef? Yeah, nah. Warne is also a sub-par human but I don't recall another particular beef with a person of dark skin.

Just a whole lot of crap, all of it.

mr_mister

surprised the comment got so much pushback. He defended the Adam Goodes booing as 'not racist' and went after Walleed Aly a few times with venom. Called him a cretin lol

Most people who defended the Goodes booing were racist bogans sorry to say

Not sure if you guys will know about either of those guys if you aren't Australian

thierry henry

International Coach
Still amazes me that Samuels literally threw his bat at Warne and people just gloss over it because Warne was carrying on too. Like seriously, who throws a bat?

thierry henry

International Coach
Warne could be racist (pretty well fits the stereotype of the latently racist bogan, and I mean hell, isn't the current orthodoxy that we're all inherently a bit racist?) but that seems pretty peripheral when he's replying to a bloke literally saying he is of the superior race.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just saying I followed the Warne/Samuels stuff closely and it didn't look great for Warne

Seen their big bash dust up? Warne looked like a child
One of them definitely seems racist, and it's not Warne

tbh though Marlon is providing some pretty epic lulz right now. If I had twitter he'd be one of the first I followed

Not commenting on Samuels. Just think Warne could easily be a racist dude
kind of a really weird thing to just say about someone unless you have good reason

mr_mister

One of them definitely seems racist, and it's not Warne

tbh though Marlon is providing some pretty epic lulz right now. If I had twitter he'd be one of the first I followed

kind of a really weird thing to just say about someone unless you have good reason
Lol piss off dude. See post 4911