• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Played a T20 game against Brenton Parchment on the weekend. Fella plays for Doutta Stars CC in Essendon.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That's pretty amazing really. I do remember reading somewhere he was living in Melbourne now a while back but I had no idea he was still playing

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
classic Douttas

when I was a kid they'd bring out a few new random overseas "stars" every season, always good fun
When my grandfather founded our club in the 50s, it was during the wave of post-war immigration. The benefit of this was it enabled anyone from Italy to be labelled “AC Milan star”, anyone from Glasgow as “former Scottish international” etc etc. and there was simply no way to check if it was true.

Adam19

Banned
Interesting...

Bangladesh's cricketers have decided not to participate in any cricket activity for the foreseeable future until their demands for the improvement of cricket in the country are met. The immediate impact of their action will be on the National Cricket League first-class tournament, currently in progress, the training camp for next month's tour of India, and possibly the tour itself.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27893508/bangladesh-players-go-strike-india-tour-threat

Daemon

I've actually done that before lol. We played against a company that I had applied to for a job in our corporate league and I went to check some of their profiles.

TheJediBrah

I always said and spelled Tony Dodemaide as Tony Dodemaine up until just a couple of months back. Feel like a proper cretin
I thought his name was Toady Dodemaide and it wasn't until I was in my 20's that I found out the guy from neighbours wasn't actually a pro cricketer