• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

aussie tragic

International Captain
if you're expecting me to think this is a problem you're going to be sorely disappointed
Not at all, more pissed off that Graeme Hick had to wallow in county cricket for 7 years. He could have been an ATG if not for 7 years picking up bad habits and thinking cricket was easy

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
You've really been pushing tontine hard these last few months, tbh I don't see it catching on
I'm not particularly fussed tbh and "it catching on" was certainly not my intention. Incidentally, when Tontine played in Sydney Grade Cricket he had a slightly more derogatory nickname, which was borderline racist if it was heard out of context. The story goes that it was dropped when Davey went around threatening other cricketers.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not particularly fussed tbh and "it catching on" was certainly not my intention. Incidentally, when Tontine played in Sydney Grade Cricket he had a slightly more derogatory nickname, which was borderline racist if it was heard out of context. The story goes that it was dropped when Davey went around threatening other cricketers.
Why tease me with that knowing you're never going to tell me

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Why tease me with that knowing you're never going to tell me
"Sachin"

Firstly, we all knew he was Pakistani and not Indian........however, the sledge started something like this:
Fielder #1 : "They say this guy is the best batsman to come out of the subcontinent since Sachin"
<<Then he played and missed at one>>
Fielder #2 to Wicketkeeper: "Better get Sachin to autograph that one"
And it just stuck. Crass, but definitely not overtly racist in the context.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I noticed the Caribbean Premier League has players nicknames on the back of their jersey. Cricket Australia should instigate this measure in the upcoming summer to boost merchandise sales. I would dead-set buy the following jerseys:

ANGRY ANT// 13
TONTINE // 1
TEMPORARY CAPTAIN // 7
ANGUS // 10
MAC TONIGHT // 56
THE GOLDEN CHILD // 9
FUMBLES // 67
MONDAY NIGHT DISCO // 14
Seriously though, remember when CA tried that in the early days of domestic T20s here? Aaron Bird had his nickname as Flu, which major sponsors KFC were predictably less than enthused about.

Bird was a filthy chucker, but what he did there was absolutely brilliant imo

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So multiple super overs will be used in the BBL in event of a tie. Cool. Can this news be time machined back to 2018?

Tom Flint

International Regular
There's no bigger whinger in world cricket than James Anderson. Has skin as thick as tissue paper. When it's going his way he's top of the pops and happy as Larry. As soon as it isn't he gets all surly and can't cop back that which he so happily gives out. **** bloke.
Just like McGrath then?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The short list for the Players Player of the Year Award has been announced.

Simon Harmer
Ryan Higgins
Dom Sibley
Ben Stokes

Tough choice.

SeamUp

International Coach
Was watching the highlights of the European Cricket League.

Unreal stuff. Cluj CC from Romania there for the first time and there one Romanian was a trained bodyguard. Built like a tank but trotted in to bowl off a few steps like a fairy and threw the ball up 20m in the air and it landed in front of the batsman. I had't seen anything quite like it. Good laugh.

Last edited: