Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Experience is not just about a player's own performance, but what he can add to the side outside of just batting/bowling, like giving tips to youngsters etc.

Anyways this a bit of a shock in some ways, I really hope that this is just to have Sachin's 200th test @ home rather than a signal of his retirement
    I also hope the SA tour still goes through with at least 3 tests, idc about the ODI's and T20.
    If that were really true and sachin could provide a lot of valuable info and confidence to his teammates, India would have many more matches in sachin's career, and especially of late. This isn't meant to be a sachin-specific slight. Of all the youngsters on the tour of Wi in 2011, how much better did they become from having Dravid and Laxman in the side. I'm not trying to call sachin selfish or not a team player, but I fail to see any proof that merely his presence in the xi will help inexperienced players. And besides, if its tips and advice that's so necessary, why can't that be provided by the coach and team management (which sachin could be a part of without actually playing)

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    That he's going to retire before the SA tour is looking more and more likely now, given his 200th test will be on his home ground.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    So now India have created a tour to New Zealand that goes through the initial itinerary of the SA tour. Great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Probably some beef (lol) they have with Lorgat.
    uvelocity likes this.

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Seems this may have all been so that a certain Mumbaikar may play his 200th test in front of his home crowd. Hmm............................................... ......
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

If Sachin is still around after the NZ tests it will be a bit of a farce, I think the Indian board and selectors are a bit concerned about him in SA
    There are two colours in my head

Listen guys, it's all well to blame the BCCI for snubbing CSA in this manner, but lets look at this in an unbiased manner. If the BCCI had released the itinerary for the SA tour of India with 3 tests and a zillion ODIs without consulting CSA they would have been accused of being presumptuous and power drunk bullies. It's unfortunate things have played out the way they have, but CSA have to shoulder the major part of the blame for the mess. Can't help but feel that Lorgat has overplayed his hand and it has backfired spectacularly on him.
    Arjun likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Yes it has.. And honestly, I do not have a problem with any of what has happened except that it looks like we may play just 2 tests in RSA now.. I really was hoping we would play at least 3. Ideally, I would have loved to see Windies play 3 tests and then we go to RSA and play 3 tests and 3 ODIs and then go to NZ and play 3 ODIs and 3 tests. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be 2 tests and 3 ODIs in the first two series and 2 tests and 5 ODIs (Really necessary?) in the 3rd series..

I just wish we would play more tests
    Arjun likes this.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Yes it has.. And honestly, I do not have a problem with any of what has happened except that it looks like we may play just 2 tests in RSA now.. I really was hoping we would play at least 3. Ideally, I would have loved to see Windies play 3 tests and then we go to RSA and play 3 tests and 3 ODIs and then go to NZ and play 3 ODIs and 3 tests. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be 2 tests and 3 ODIs in the first two series and 2 tests and 5 ODIs (Really necessary?) in the 3rd series..

I just wish we would play more tests
    Yes, both teams have a good reason for this: WC 2015

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Listen guys, it's all well to blame the BCCI for snubbing CSA in this manner, but lets look at this in an unbiased manner. If the BCCI had released the itinerary for the SA tour of India with 3 tests and a zillion ODIs without consulting CSA they would have been accused of being presumptuous and power drunk bullies. It's unfortunate things have played out the way they have, but CSA have to shoulder the major part of the blame for the mess. Can't help but feel that Lorgat has overplayed his hand and it has backfired spectacularly on him.
    FTP and here:

"CSA, however, has claimed that it has not received any formal complaint from the BCCI and that they have followed all the correct protocols. "If the BCCI has any concerns they can raise them with us and we will sort them out amicably as we have always done in the past," Michael Owen Smith, CSA media consultant, said.

Anything following (or rather, stalking) the BCCI officials shouldn't get a new thread. We already have news channels in India to give us 24x7 coverage of that.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quaggas View Post
    FTP and here:

"CSA, however, has claimed that it has not received any formal complaint from the BCCI and that they have followed all the correct protocols. "If the BCCI has any concerns they can raise them with us and we will sort them out amicably as we have always done in the past," Michael Owen Smith, CSA media consultant, said.
    The FTP is not a binding contract. Cricket boards are obliged to co ordinate and confirm itineraries all the time. The statement from CSA is empty fluff that neither confirms nor denies the BCCI's claim that the itinerary was released by CSA without consulting them. I'm pretty sure the BCCI would only be happy to co ordinate with the host nation provided they are kept in the loop instead of the host nation acting unilaterally.
    Last edited by G.I.Joe; 03-09-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Looks like we've got ourselves a bcci apologist here.
    Obvious triangulation is obvious. CSA have to decide whether its worth all that bcci money to stick with lorgat. I imagine this was a case of SA being unprepared for India being able to make alternate arrangements so quickly. Well the bluff has been called and now it's up to CSA to decide whether it's still worth sticking to it guns. So it's a combination of bully boy tactics of the bcci and a character test for CSA

In the end, i think this tour will happen because India will actually be adequately prepared for once. They might as well strive for full return on the investment they made with the India A tour. The Odis and the t20s are most likely to be cut in this rare instance (joburg possibly being moved to be the first test instead I hope). it hurts csa a lot more if they have to cut odis and t20s; the bcci seems hell bent on weakening CSA and they can always make up the tv revenue from a few Odis and t20is elsewhere along the way

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    The key thing is, what will happen if RSA suddenly decide to replace Lorgat? Suddenly all 3 tour itineries will be reworked and RSA will end up getting their share of the pie.. I am not saying CSA are blameless but the BCCI are just being the BCCI. Both boards are at fault here.

So the bcci is at fault for bullying and CSA is at fault for not properly accommodating the bcci's bullying? Hmmm....

And I don't think itineraries are changed willynilly or else there would be no reason to treat them any more credibly than the FTP

If SA sticks with lorgat, the tour will probably only be two tests and far fewer Odis and t20s. I'd rather it only be three tests, and if the bcci have thought this out, that's probably what they should bargain for, but it's probably wishful thinking on my part. Mind you this is a CSA that passed up on a Boxing Day test so that we could watch Aaron Phangiso bowl to the kiwis in a few t20s last year. It's obvious where csa's priorities lie. With lorgat at the helm, the bcci will try to weaken him at every turn, for no other reason than to make an example out of him.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information