• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

aussie tragic

International Captain
Bored so thought I'd name a 'Played for England but not born there XII'

Andrew Strauss
Nasser Hussain
Allan Lamb
Robin Smith
Kevin Petersen
Tony Greig (c)
Ben Stokes
Matt Prior (+)
Phil Edmonds
Jofra Archer
Andrew Caddick
Gladstone Small

Not sure who would be 12th man?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jardine was born in what was still British India though, surely that counts as English ;)
I was even considering Denness before I came to the conclusion the other middle order bats were better, so I'm probably taking England a little more literally than you. :p

I'd probably go Trott ahead of Lamb too ftr.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Can someone explain this to me

The county cricket season extends to the end of September, however, club cricket does not

Why??? (A frustrated cricketer who's seen the last three Saturdays filled with glorious sunshine)

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Can someone explain this to me

The county cricket season extends to the end of September, however, club cricket does not

Why??? (A frustrated cricketer who's seen the last three Saturdays filled with glorious sunshine)
I don't know your specific circumstances or the exact level you're referring to. But local to me they tend not to overlap the football season too much because a lot of the same people are involved in both.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's all levels of club cricket tbh and it makes no sense. The cricket season is quite short and inevitably there will be games lost to the weather, so why not maximise the availability of remaining light and decent weather?

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, some people are incapable of admitting that opposition can be sometimes better than them. Probably salting that he couldn't use the clouds to his advantage one last time. Still remember when his team was getting owned by India in 2016, he was cribbing that the pitches do not test the technique of Virat Kohli.
He actually did that in this recently completed series as well which was really quite odd to my eyes because I thought the pitches were consistently helpful to bowlers. Just not ridiculously so

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
I noticed the Caribbean Premier League has players nicknames on the back of their jersey. Cricket Australia should instigate this measure in the upcoming summer to boost merchandise sales. I would dead-set buy the following jerseys:

ANGRY ANT// 13
TONTINE // 1
TEMPORARY CAPTAIN // 7
ANGUS // 10
MAC TONIGHT // 56
THE GOLDEN CHILD // 9
FUMBLES // 67
MONDAY NIGHT DISCO // 14

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
I don't think many sports have as tough a qualifying process as cricket does nowadays. The rules have been tightened a lot, imo too far
And yet Archer can play for England after only 3 years qualifying where he spent a lot of it playing cricket elsewhere