• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh. Still not a patch on Rising Pune Supergiants, who in their second season, took the extremely critical and considered decision of removing the last 's' from their name to become Rising Pune Supergiant,

SillyCowCorner1

The Dhaka Premier League team Gazi Tank has been renamed to Legends of Rupganj

say what you like about Bangladeshi cricket (which people do here on a very regular basis), they know how to make badass club names
Gazi Tank was a good name.

Some team in Pakistan is called 'Pipeline'

SillyCowCorner1

Oh, I just remembered when I was watching one of the BPL games in the past season, there was a commercial on a range of Gazi products. Stoves, tyres, waterpumps, etc.

They pronounced Gazi as 'Gajjie'

trundler

Well, the good thing of having a top cricket captain as your PM is that he's determined to make the domestic structure less of an atrocity. Imran thinks there should only be teams representing the provinces.

SillyCowCorner1

I like the old homegrown players that plays for the local teams...and not get 'traded'

But it's an unpopular opinion since one team would be dominating the comps.

But they did make it into a franchise four-day competition in the Caribbean a few years ago...and guess what?

Guyana Jaguars have won the title five years in a row.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I could've sworn that the QeA trophy already had a railways team. Apparently not.

Noting that Aizaz Cheema has lead the wickets in the last two seasons. Been a while since he had an international career.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I could've sworn that the QeA trophy already had a railways team. Apparently not.

Noting that Aizaz Cheema has lead the wickets in the last two seasons. Been a while since he had an international career.
Pakistan Railways (usually known simply as Railways) were a Pakistani first-class cricket side who played in the Patron's Trophy and Quaid-i-Azam Trophy from 1953-54 to 1995-96.

presumably by that time the railways were so unpopular that even sponsoring cricket couldn't save them

andmark

International Captain
Village cricket is becoming my favourite form of watching cricket. The freedom to roam is part of it. If you want to sit by the sightscreens for that perfect view, you can. If you want to sit under some trees for shade, you can. And then there's the actual cricket. Watching people who aren't professionals with perfectly chiselled actions means you get to learn a lot about good technique, and you appreciate good players even more. Lastly you get to meet some of the people who allow cricket to keep on ticking. There's one fella the father and I know that without people like him, the game would grind to a halt. It's seriously underrated.

Last edited:

mr_mister

3 famous English underachievers got their highest test scores in the same 3 test series between India-England in 1993

Graeme Hick, 178
Chris Lewis, 117
and Neil Fairbrother, 83

Talk about a false dawn. It was mostly a pretty rapid descent for them in tests afterwards.

Funnily enough another what if case, Vinod Kambli got 224 in the final test of this series before making 227 in his next test innings a month later.

Last edited:

trundler

Village cricket is becoming my favourite form of watching cricket. The freedom to roam is part of it. If you want to sit by the sightscreens for that perfect view, you can. If you want to sit under some trees for shade, you can. And then there's the actual cricket. Watching people who aren't professionals with perfectly chiselled actions means you get to learn a lot about good technique, and you appreciate good players even more. Lastly you get to meet some of the people who allow cricket to keep on ticking. There's one fella the father and I know that without people like him, the game would grind to a halt. It's seriously underrated.
This is what I find most enchanting about old footage. The freedom to move about. You see people picnicking, throwing the ball back after 4s and generally having a more free experience. Glad that village cricket has retained that carefree aspect.

Starfighter

If Australian cricket culture is worse than say, South Africa's when it comes to gamesmanship and arsery then it passed me by. And we already knew that Lehmann was a racist ****.