• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Borges

International Regular
The Asia cup:
"In the meeting, I heard that the Bangladesh-Afghanistan clash was the highest viewed. Unbelievable!" said Nazmul. "Bangladesh-Sri Lanka was probably the second highest. So the stereotypes are changing. Previously, it was about India-Pakistan."

Hmm. This is very good news for Asian cricket.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Asia cup:
"In the meeting, I heard that the Bangladesh-Afghanistan clash was the highest viewed. Unbelievable!" said Nazmul. "Bangladesh-Sri Lanka was probably the second highest. So the stereotypes are changing. Previously, it was about India-Pakistan."

Hmm. This is very good news for Asian cricket.
I'd like to see a source on that. I don't believe for a second that either of those games were higher viewed than any of India's

SillyCowCorner1

I'd like to see a source on that. I don't believe for a second that either of those games were higher viewed than any of India's
Don't ignore the fact that Indians watch cricket matches even if it doesn't involve their team. And also because of their little lover boy, Mushfiqur 'snake charmer' Rahim...(Not Rashid Khan)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, could have been a case where the sides were evenly matched and a good game was in prospect. Add in a little bit of intrigue cause it's Afghanistan playing and that could very well be the reason.

I do agree with TJB though, hard to see a non-India game rating so highly.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ngidi will be out for at least three months due to knee ligament injuries from a fall in the T20 match, so will miss the Pakistan series.

stephen

Shame.

I mean they still have the 3 best bowlers in the world so no biggie.
Where would you rate Cummins? In tests at least he's obviously ahead of Ngidi but where does he sit compared to Rabada, Steyn (current iteration) and Philander?

I'm genuinely curious because I don't really know how to rank them all right now. Steyn probably the hardest since he hasn't played the last couple of years. Cummins had virtually identical stats to Rabada in the test series earlier this year so where exactly does he sit?

stephen

And likewise, how do people rate Abbas? He's sneakily got himself up to #3 on the icc charts.

Daemon

Where would you rate Cummins? In tests at least he's obviously ahead of Ngidi but where does he sit compared to Rabada, Steyn (current iteration) and Philander?

I'm genuinely curious because I don't really know how to rank them all right now. Steyn probably the hardest since he hasn't played the last couple of years. Cummins had virtually identical stats to Rabada in the test series earlier this year so where exactly does he sit?
Yeah ranking Steyn is the hardest, so I'm just going to avoid it altogether. He looks good as ever to the naked eye though.

1. Rabada
2. Anderson
3. Philander
4. Cummins
5. Abbas

Cummins has been damn impressive but doesn't have the body of work that some of the other guys do. Ditto Abbas.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Abbas looks terrific (and is), but I agree it's probably best to hold back as we're maybe unsure on his overall effectiveness across a larger sample. He's quality really - just trying to not get carried away

P.S Just had a look at Cummins stats. 66 wickets in 14 tests is outstanding. Also remarkable for someone who has mostly bowled first change. Strike rate of under 50 and economy below 3 are great signs.