• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's a left arm quick. Sachin may want to do a DNA test because he's 6 foot + apparently.

No idea if he's any good.

TheJediBrah

Why is it that when you search for almost any cricketer on google, one of the first autocomplete suggestions is "*insert cricketers name* wife"
It's definitely mostly the Indian players that this phenomenon affects, my theory is that because in India cricketers are treated almost like celebrities (eg. the way Hollywood stars are treated in the West) the people are interested in all that stupid ****. "Who's dating who", "someone broke up". etc.

This is pure speculation because other than Lara Bingle/Michael Clarke and Candice Warner/Sonny Bill Williams I can't recall cricketer's relationships ever being of much interest to anyone over here.

He's a left arm quick. Sachin may want to do a DNA test because he's 6 foot + apparently.

No idea if he's any good.
When you're away on tour with the Indian cricket team for most of your marriage what do you expect?

Mr Miyagi

Banned
It's definitely mostly the Indian players that this phenomenon affects, my theory is that because in India cricketers are treated almost like celebrities (eg. the way Hollywood stars are treated in the West) the people are interested in all that stupid ****. "Who's dating who", "someone broke up". etc.

This is pure speculation because other than Lara Bingle/Michael Clarke and Candice Warner/Sonny Bill Williams I can't recall cricketer's relationships ever being of much interest to anyone over here.
Rugby, 7's, rugby league, boxing, I wish he chose cricket. (Candice did sports life's saving).

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is pure speculation because other than Lara Bingle/Michael Clarke and Candice Warner/Sonny Bill Williams I can't recall cricketer's relationships ever being of much interest to anyone over here.\
Shane Warne / Liz Hurley is one, but yeah certainly not to the same extent as seems to happen in India..

TheJediBrah

lol yeah forgot about that one. It was a lot bigger in England than it was here too. But English tabloids and all that

vcs

When you're away on tour with the Indian cricket team for most of your marriage what do you expect?
Sachin's punching way above his weight (and height) with his Mrs., too.

TheJediBrah

Melbourne doesn't sell out, except for possibly day 1, and I don't know why you'd want to got to Sydney at all tbh

Burgey

They probably won't. Day one of Sydney is a good chance to be sold out, but because #MCGsobig, it's pretty rare for it to be sold out at all. days four and five in Sydney there's usually seats available for walk ups unless it's an Ashes series, and you'd probably be able to get a ticket in Melbourne from day two onwards.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I mean if you want decent seats it's worth it to buy them before. Not like in the members hey Burgey

TheJediBrah

Do we really want our biggest home Tests to be against NZ? I guess if the choice is between them and, say, West Indies, then NZ would be preferable.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Do we really want our biggest home Tests to be against NZ? I guess if the choice is between them and, say, West Indies, then NZ would be preferable.
I actually think this was the sway factor.

But as a NZC fan, I am 100% giving CA anything to profit from.

We should be playing at home over the holidays and making money for ourselves. I think it is bollocks we give up our prime time when there is no rugby, to entertain Aussies overseas.

Very bad call NZC.

Aussies don't appreciate or like us, and it has gone both ways ever since we sent our convicts there in the 1800's.

CA has never done NZC any favours, and we shouldn't be doing them any. That is my opinion anyway.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah its locked in. Unfortunately.

The Aussie grounds will be empty - so will the NZC coffers be.

Very dumb decision by NZC
Itll need some promotion but I could actually see it building into a decent rivalry. Perhaps not this series, but it makes sense that one day it may

Besides, at least you'll be playing some more tests

Last edited: