Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 13 of 274 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree2751Likes

Thread: Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Do not understand the fan following Dhoni has. He was an okay test player and was an ordinary test captain. Sure, he is a great ODI player but people are fans of his in a big way. A lot of people.
    He likes to hit sixes.

Do not understand the fan following Dhoni has. He was an okay test player and was an ordinary test captain. Sure, he is a great ODI player but people are fans of his in a big way. A lot of people.
    Meh, he brings excitement to the fans and gave them a World Cup win. Pretty obvious why he's popular.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

He is oozing with charisma and has a style of game that the masses love. An ATG in the format that most Indian cricket fans prioritise in ODI cricket. He played a gun innings in the 2011 world cup final which for many is a seminal moment in Indian cricket history. Lets not forget how popular the IPL is as well and he as captain of its most iconic franchise adds to his superstar status.

Test cricket for me and most here is the pinnacle, but for the masses especially in Asia it plays second fiddle to limited overs cricket and no test series will ever match the importance of white ball world cups, 2 of which Dhoni won as captain. The guy is absolute box office.
    Last edited by Niall; 28-09-2015 at 01:48 AM.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Good points Jono and Niall. Should have been obvious to me.
    Niall likes this.

sarcasm?

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    No.

I think it also has a lot to do with how he conducts himself. He really comes off as the badass action hero that we all see in movies, with those last over heroics of his and the calmness and confidence he exudes while doing it.
    Pratters and OverratedSanity like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I think it also has a lot to do with how he conducts himself. He really comes off as the badass action hero that we all see in movies, with those last over heroics of his and the calmness and confidence he exudes while doing it.
    And isn't he from humble background as well? Another thing advertising/marketing people love.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    ****! A couple of days ago I was chatting to Brian Lara and he gave me his cell number and email address to keep in touch. He wrote it on the back of one of my business cards. Last night, in the pub, I casually gave a card to someone without thinking and it was the ****ing card with Lara's details on!
    harsh.ag, zorax, Daemon and 1 others like this.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    wait for that guy to call you... Although, if I was that someone, I would rather call BCL..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    ****! A couple of days ago I was chatting to Brian Lara and he gave me his cell number and email address to keep in touch. He wrote it on the back of one of my business cards. Last night, in the pub, I casually gave a card to someone without thinking and it was the ****ing card with Lara's details on!
    If it was meant to be, you ****ed it up
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Win, win! Worked out who I gave the card to. Found a way to contact them. Met up with them for a cracking Saturday night out and got the card with the details back. Hooray!
    zorax and Jono like this.

Haha quality. Did you mention the Lara point when you arranged the catch-up?

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Over the last year or so, I have enjoyed NZ play so much, I am really missing not seeing them in action for a while now.
    "This is a clash of strategy. And of methods, culture and politics. This is a new-era rivalry. Not as ancient as the Ashes, or as passionate as India-Pakistan. Two countries that are so different, yet share rampant egotism, high self-opinion and a belief that being born in their country is superior to other births. This brings together a belligerent bunch of brats, bullies and braggers."- Jarrod Kimber

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Haha quality. Did you mention the Lara point when you arranged the catch-up?
    Ha! I didnt. Just said I had accidentally given him a business card with a hand written contact on the back. When I met with him he smiled and said he knew why I wanted it back and that he was torn between meeting me to give it back or call Lara and try and meet with him

Thread Information