• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why not just outright make these tour matches tests though. They have the status now and the scheduling obviously isn't an issue
Wait they are not Test matches? That's just so ****ing stupid.

Like seriously wtf? If it's a game between 2 Test playing nations then why not make it a Test match?

jfc I take away all my enthusiasm for this idea

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They could be Tests but that would cost money. It's up to the visitors essentially because ACB will be all for it.

Borges

International Regular
"England are in advanced talks with Ireland about playing a four-day Test match at Lord’s next July" - The Telegraph

I presume that the quaint term 'advanced talks' means that the talks are at an advanced stage.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Bugger that. Give the Irish five-days. Well thinking about it, they'll probably beat England in three regardless so I don't suppose it matters.

cnerd123

likes this
They could be Tests but that would cost money. It's up to the visitors essentially because ACB will be all for it.
I think the main issue is that if it's a Test the touring team will be obligated to try and win it, versus just using it to try out players and figure stuff out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Probably already been discussed, but whilst CA's decision to not have an Ireland Test before the Ashes next year makes sense in isolation, you do start to suspect that there's a trend forming of excuses being found not to play some of these smaller, emerging Test nations.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yups. More brazen about it.

But now in full member voting ICC world, it pays to be more polite and talk about financials (just after a 1bn dollar media deal) or scheduling difficulties.
Except I don't think it's only because we think the smaller teams are crap. After all we did drop a match against Bangladesh. It's something a bit more condescending I reckon that I can't quite put my finger on.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Something like that, but also a little bit something else, like a real upper-class 'I don't have time for you' sort of thing.

Well that seems the same to what I said if its about player skill levels. :laugh:

Aus want the best to tour Aus. They don't like to host weak teams. And reciprocal tours are a negotiation tactic. Aus wants reciprocity with SA - not Bangladesh. CA said as much.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Ryan Sidebottom likes Steps,

With a 70s barnet like that I would have expected him to be a fan of Status Quo.