• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have tickets to the game this afternoon and I am not going. It is a public holiday today to boot. Boy, marriage does change things. I remember I was also among the group making fun of HDS not watching that WC game. Now I empathize with him. :(
Are you going to watch it at least?!?!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah yeah... Not as bad as HDS, at least not yet. :p

EDIT: You know what the sad part is... For the 2011 WC game in Chennai, I didn't really want to go as Windies were not exactly an exciting team and we were already in the QFs anyways. But a bunch of my cousins and friends showed up like 30 mins before the match and said we are going now. I just decided instinctively that I ll go. It helped that I was living like 10 mins walk away from the stadium till 2013. But now, those days seem to be just gone. :(

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can't really tease; I missed a cricket game last week due to a really long Skype call with someone I'm not even dating, let alone married to. I like to think I wouldn't be as bad as you but I almost certainly would be. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol... I dont think most girls dig cricket at all. They just enjoy the party of watching a game at the ground, whether it is IPL or an international. Really rare to see or talk to a girl who loves cricket as just a sport.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Modern over rates are so slow. What's the rule about this and is the rule good enough?
I have this pdf file downloaded, from there

16.3 Minimum Over Rates

The minimum over rate to be achieved in Test Matches will be 15 overs per hour.

The actual over rate will be calculated at the end of the match by the umpires and will be the average rate which is achieved by the fielding team across both of the batting team's innings. In calculating the actual over rate for the match, allowances will be given as follows:

16.3.1 The time lost as a result of treatment given to a player by an authorised medical personnel on the field of play;

16.3.2 The time lost as a result of a player being required to leave the field as a result of a serious injury;

16.3.3 The time taken for all third umpire referrals and consultations and any umpire or player reviews;

16.3.4 The time lost as a result of time wasting by the batting side; and

6.3.5 The time lost due to all other circumstances that are beyond the control of the fielding side.

16.3.6 2 minutes per wicket taken, provided that such wicket results in the subsequent batsmen immediately commencing his innings. For the avoidance of any doubt, no time allowance will be given for the final wicket of an innings or where a wicket falls immediately prior to any interval;

16.3.7 4 minutes per drinks break taken (one per session). In the event of any time allowances being granted to the fielding team under 16.3.4 above (time wasting by batting team), then such time shall be deducted from the allowances granted to such batting team in the determination of its over rate. If a side is bowled out in 31/2 hours or less (taking into account all of the time allowances set out above) in any particular innings, no account will be taken of the actual over rate in that innings when calculating the actual over rate at the end of the match.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
568.4.69 - There must be enough time between overs to show at least four ads featuring washed up sportsmen promoting lousy products

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It stands to reason though, that since he is that confident of being able to play a defensive shot that late, he can, by extension, look for attacking options first, as he knows he can always go back to that block of his.