• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So the Eng/NZ Test starts at 9am here and the Aus/SA game starts as soon as the former finishes. The Aus/SA game is done at 12 midnight.

I could not have asked for better timings. Test cricket during all my waking hours for the next 2 days assuming the NZ game is done and dusted by day 3 or early day 4.

SeamUp

International Coach
In more great news for cricket. Rajan Nayer (Zimbabwean official) who offered Cremer $30k to fix a match has been given a 20 year ban by the ICC.

cnerd123

likes this
So I joined a new social league cricket team, and we're getting new kits made. Guess what our team logo is?

A picture of Sachin Tendulkar.

#Pressure

vcs

Did Gnske design that?

So humble and understated, like the great man himself.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Lolwut

How ridiculous that he's been given such a high rank in the army as well
It's a honorary position and the armed forces dole out such titles to people who they think can attract more people like they have been doing for quite a lot of time. Sachin Tendulkar got a similar title from the Air Force I believe.

They also have to train and partake in activities that is required to maintain those titles. Dhoni has been quite good in that aspect and is a good role model for the youth. I found it refreshing that he chose to attend the function in uniform and did a proper march.

Daemon

It's a honorary position and the armed forces dole out such titles to people who they think can attract more people like they have been doing for quite a lot of time. Sachin Tendulkar got a similar title from the Air Force I believe.

They also have to train and partake in activities that is required to maintain those titles. Dhoni has been quite good in that aspect and is a good role model for the youth. I found it refreshing that he chose to attend the function in uniform and did a proper march.
Dunno. I just find it as lame as honorary degrees that universities like to hand out for marketing purposes.