• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Is good to see Anderson and Neesham having success with the ball. These two make could be part of a useful World Cup attack, + 2 fast bowlers + Vettori + a few overs from Williamson. Gives a batting line up with Vettori at 8 and Neesham at 9.
Neesham I think has a bit of potential as a test bowler, and possibly slightly less potential as a batsman. Consequently I don't want to see him bowl too many middle overs that will dull his wicket taking capabilities at test level. The same sort of thing happened to Southee - he became an excellent ODI bowler but lost the ability to swing the ball a few years ago.

With Anderson I don't really care how much he bowls because a) he has heaps of batting talent and b) his bowling doesn't quite have the extra zip to be anything other than a partnership breaker in tests. Therefore, I don't care how much he bowls in ODIs and it will actually be a good thing for that type of role - the Watson-esque, extremely tight golden arm.

it'll be very interesting to see what happens with the pair.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like Latham's keeping got really choppy at the end of the innings. Don't fully understand the decision to make him the keeper. Good on Anderson and Jimmy tho. These aren't easy conditions to be an rmf in.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Holy ****, Devcich is bad. Bring back Rob Nicol.

Seriously, this is worse than Naeem's innings in the first ODI. I bet he somehow scrapes through to one of the most arsey 70 odds of all time. Regardless, I'm off to bed.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
First time I've ever seen Devcich bat. First impressions.... how the **** is this prick playing for NZ?

The selections on this tour have been bizarre to say the least.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I still can't believe Watling isn't in this team. It's ridiculous. Even when your best two batsmen miss the next series he still won't be in the ****ing side, and that's with your next two best OD batsmen also injured. So far down the pecking order; complete madness.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Batsmen apparently ahead of Watling in the ODI pecking order:

Taylor
McCullum
Williamson
Guptill
Anderson
Elliott
Rutherford
Devcich
Latham
Neesham
Ronchi
and we can assume Ryder

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well this isn't a good scorecard to wake up to...

Taylor seems completely stuck... Just petrified of playing an attacking shot because he knows doing so could consign nz to defeat. He needs to try batting with just a smidgen of Anderson 's courage and self belief.

BeeGee

International Captain
**** me. It's the 2010 tour all over again.
Worse tbh.

Bangladesh are a stronger side now than they were back then, and they have played well, but this performance from NZ has been as bad as I've ever seen (and I suffered through the embarrassing 90s). The senior players have gone missing and the selections have been atrocious. We haven't put our best team on the field at any stage, imo.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, we're not helped by the fact that we're missing Guppers and KW. But this is still awful for all concerned.

The last time this happened the coach was binned a month later. Is it too much to hope that history will repeat itself?

Taylor's failure to develop as an ODI batsman is horrendous. For a player with all the shots in the book, it's so galling to see him get out in the same way every single time the rrpo goes above 6. It must be delightful for opposition captains. Just set a deep square leg, a deep mid wicket, and a long on and wait for NZ's best batsman to start hitting practice catches.

I really miss Styris.

Last edited: