• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh at home can't really be classed as minnows anymore.
I wonder how long it will take for our CW crowd to acknowledge that..
Even during the first test match where Bangladesh scored 500 and never really looked in any danger to lose the game, people in this thread were still referring to them as minnows and suggestings maybe Wattling's century shouldn't count for much.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Anyway, Bangladesh needs to move beyond the goal of not losing matches at home and instead have more sporting pitches.

This is a Roady McRoad and unless there is a world-class bowling attack and/or a piss weak batting lineup, then 9/10 times it will be a draw.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder how long it will take for our CW crowd to acknowledge that..
Even during the first test match where Bangladesh scored 500 and never really looked in any danger to lose the game, people in this thread were still referring to them as minnows and suggestings maybe Wattling's century shouldn't count for much.
I agree they are not minnows at home. Their seam bowling is still poor - but their spinners are a decent group and their batsman as a collective group may be better than ours in their own backyard..They had to face a better bowling attack and scored as many runs.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, as I mentioned before, this will be the first time that Bangladesh have ever held their own in a series v one of the established test nations. I don't think they're going to want to put that at risk on the off chance that New Zealand will implode in 50 overs. If they can bat untill tea tomorrow and chip out a couple before the close they'll be able to claim "points" victories in two rain affected test matches. I imagine that'll be what they're aiming for.
You are probably right. But they are paying lip service to wanting to aggressively chase wins. For example Rahim's comments about being dissapointed with a draw in the first game.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway, Bangladesh needs to move beyond the goal of not losing matches at home and instead have more sporting pitches.

This is a Roady McRoad and unless there is a world-class bowling attack and/or a piss weak batting lineup, then 9/10 times it will be a draw.
Agreed, which is why they are still a long way away from being a very good test side, however that still places them safely above the rank of minnows.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

I disagree. Drawing home games consistently is a step in the right direction. I also think rain has been a big issue, if a further 140 overs were bowled (which were scheduled) in this game it is likely we would get a result or at the worst an exciting fifth day.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I disagree. Drawing home games consistently is a step in the right direction. I also think rain has been a big issue, if a further 140 overs were bowled (which were scheduled) in this game it is likely we would get a result or at the worst an exciting fifth day.
Time has been made up.

304 out of 360 possible overs were bowled in the first 4 days.

50 more overs would have made it more intriguing, for sure.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Lol I agree if producing flat wickets gets positive results for Bangladesh then fair play to them.

Them only losing 2 tests out of 6 this year is definitely a step in the right direction.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, and I don't think this is that much of a road either. There's enough there for the spinners from what I've seen, NZ's spinners just haven't been good enough to capitilise. Fair play to Bangladesh, they've done just what we did to England earlier in the year, dominated an undercooked bowling attack in home conditions and overall played the better cricket of the two without coming out on top.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
We were much closer to beating England than Bangladesh have been with us though. We dominated pretty much every day of the Eden Park test.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
We were much closer to beating England than Bangladesh have been with us though. We dominated pretty much every day of the Eden Park test.
Yes - however had the sun come out today - it wasn't a done deal that we would have batted out 50 overs with Rutherford and Baz in poor form it would have been up to the others to see off Shakib and co. on a day 5 pitch.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
In case this is washed out -

Team of the series

Fulton
Tamim
Kane
Mominul
Shakib
Anderson
Watling
Gazi
Wagner
Sodhi - outbowled bracewell, just, and the ordinary Razzak
Boult - bowled patchy but was better than the SL seamers

Surprised myself by not picking Taylor who did nothing wrong in the series. Others did better however.