• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
We are extremely reliant on Williamson here, with support most likely from Watling. Need at least a fifty run lead to make up for the fact we're batting last and if Williamson falls we're quite capable of folding fifty runs behind instead.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Given that we probably need 400+ to give us a good chance, this is not looking promising atm.

Meanwhile, Cricinfo is stuck in a full on scoring meltdown.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased to see Anderson get a start - how's he playing? Looks like a few risks from commentary. Not sweeping off middle stump I hope.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased to see Anderson get a start - how's he playing? Looks like a few risks from commentary. Not sweeping off middle stump I hope.
he's not entirely comfortable but he's concentrating hard and also looking to score when he can. He clearly likes to dominate bowling but he's realised he needs to reign himself in.

It's a great experience because both Shakib and Gazi a very good bowlers on this wicket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I'm not that comfortable with all these boundaries suddenly popping up on cricinfo. Cool it, Corey.

BeeGee

International Captain
He looked really shaky when he started, now he looks more comfortable, but he's started playing like Chris Martin is batting at the other end.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson needs to reign things in a little, here. It's not an ODI, mate.
the shot in the air was a relatively safe shot with where he put it. As seen with the way Taylor and Williamson have played, you have to attempt to put away the overpitched or short balls because there are going to be a few very good deliveries, like the one that got Taylor.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
he's not entirely comfortable but he's concentrating hard and also looking to score when he can. He clearly likes to dominate bowling but he's realised he needs to reign himself in.

It's a great experience because both Shakib and Gazi a very good bowlers on this wicket.
He looked really shaky when he started, now he looks more comfortable, but he's started playing like Chris Martin is batting at the other end.
Cool thx. Given his defense is always likely to be a little shaky here it's not a bad policy to attack a bit - within reason.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Cool thx. Given his defense is always likely to be a little shaky here it's not a bad policy to attack a bit - within reason.
his defense has improved dramatically from the first test - he's getting his bat right out in front of the pad to the straight ones.

Nowhere near Kane level, but he's competent.

It's also helped that Shakib is tiring and Mushfiqur has the worst idea of how to rotate his best bowlers.

Flem274*

123/5
I've only seen a few overs today bu Anderson in defense and attack against spin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pace

should still be at 7 though

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
For the past 5 overs Shakib has looked tired and hasn't put anything on the ball, but Mushfiqur has done nothing.

Really poor.