• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
Bangers with their crowd support totally deserve more cricket than what they get. Also if Bangers are going to play this well at home then they should be getting 3 match series.
There is no justifiable reason imo why it is not a 3 test series and i think it comes down to pride, NZC think we are better than we are. NZC cant winge about only getting two test series against the big boys when we treat those below us so poorly.
We just needed to drop the bs odi's vs Sri Lanka and it would have fit.

Flem274*

123/5
btw Boult's struggles to haul this unit along with him on his own versus how well we go when he has Southee to help him at the other end really highlight what heroes (to varying degrees)Hadlee, Murali, Herath and Shakib are. I'm going to remember this next time I'm drawn into an ATG bowler debate where someone tries to insinuate one of the mentioned had it easy and poor Marshall (or whoever) was so hard done by playing in a team where batsmen actually had to try and score against him rather than see him off.

I think even the Pakistani posters would agree (for example) that Wasim or Waqar on their own was unfair: both of them at once was total bull**** because they were more than the already great sum of their very shiny parts. Just one of many ridiculous combinations to grace cricket.

Wish we had them.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
Bangers with their crowd support totally deserve more cricket than what they get. Also if Bangers are going to play this well at home then they should be getting 3 match series.

Lastly this is the best I have ever seen Tamim bat. (didn't see his drop mind you) and then he edges one through slips as I type this.

FMD the crowd is into it.
As impressive as the Bangladesh batsmen have been, I'll pass on that if all they are going to do is produce absolute roads. The chances of either team winning this game is slim to none just like the last one.

Flem274*

123/5
Monimul is going to get wrecked overseas unless he reigns himself in and smartens up outside off. His cut in particular is a bit slashy for my tastes.

But he's a pretty exciting player and has me optimistic for Bangladesh. Don't let him talk to Ashraful.

Flem274*

123/5
Urgh, this is a more familiar Wagner, though it's kind of yuck you can play that shot in a test match too.

Won't be calling it a road though until I see a real spinner bowl on it.

Ahaha that was gun. Horrific shot. You're playing for five days ffs Tamim you ****. More terrified of three figures than Fleming, Slater or McCullum.

Flem274*

123/5
Rahim ftw

Bangladesh are constructing a batting unit dangerously close to that of Unzud.

Yeesssss hit him in the faaaaace!

Well glove, but still, hit him!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds like Wagner's bowling magnificently.

EDIT: mostly.
I've never had much time for Wagner, but he's really impressed me today. Strikes me as one of the few pace bowlers likely to be equally as effective in subcontinent conditions as non-subcontinental.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Not sure what Bangladesh think they're doing here, and I know they still have Nasir and Gazi to come, but their approach seems pretty helter-skelter. Running the risk of being all out 320 after which NZ will then have plenty of time to "bat once and bat big".