• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

Flem274*

123/5
Posting from phone. Cbf. Congrats to Anderson and minimum. I think my phone just autocorrected minimum. Yes it did. Phone wac.

Our spinners not called vettori are worse than even our untested pacers. Please stop supporting them unless they have hope like sodji. Meets, tastle nccullum will never give us what we want. Kw is our second best and it was evident last night. Subcontinent batsmen especially will love our spinners so having two of them and Anderson is ********

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
THese ****s should be bowling long, tight spells. This is just awful bowling and bad captaincy. You can't just rotate your way out of trouble.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty even session then, NZ still slightly on top but this is increasingly looking like a draw unless the pitch actually starts to do something

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not going to get too down after a slow session as wickets are bought dearly on this pitch, but we do need two more wickets before the second new ball to stay somewhat ahead of the game. At this stage it seems like that means we need Williamson to earn one or else are reliant on gifts from Bangladesh.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh can't be relied on to give too many gifts if the Galle test against SL is anything to go by

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Nah he is just to be bowled whenever everyone else is buggered for some reason despite the fact he is far better than the Ish and Bartin.
Just love how he got taken off as soon as he picked up the wicket. Its the good old "lets have the proper bowlers have a go at the newbie" logic.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
He was first change today...
Why wasn't he kept on if he is a first change bowler?

The only answer I will accept other than he is low down on the pecking order is that NZ had plans for Shakib involving getting him out with spin based on video analysis.

Mike5181

International Captain
Why wasn't he kept on if he is a first change bowler?

The only answer I will accept other than he is low down on the pecking order is that NZ had plans for Shakib involving getting him out with spin based on video analysis.
For the same reason Boult's only bowled five overs today, it's ****ing hot. You're kidding yourself if you think it's a good idea to bowl someone like Corey Anderson in 5-7 over spells in this heat.